Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hiya Keef! I am ! I am! :cheers

Off to Corfu, Sidari for 2 weeks in August when it will be absolutely scorchio! :tongue First time for us too (2 adults 2 kids) but really looking forward to our trip, staying at the Corfu Panorama Resort.

I am expecting to huff and puff a bit at Corfu airport; I am so impatient and the reports aren't too kind but at least I'm aware of possible delays/queues etc. I'll also be armed with every item Jungle Formula sells for the pesky mosquitoes others have suffered from too! But apart from a few negatives I can't wait to visit the Canal d'Armour area and possibly one or two restaurants and the water park.

Have you checked out videos on you tube to see planes arriving at Corfu? The runway is out in the sea!! White knuckles expected on the plane with me but the island looks beautiful.

As for you travelling without the kids; well even better for relaxing without hearing the tired cries of 'Daaaaad'. You can sneak off to your room for a mid afternoon nap out of the sun without feeling like a bad parent plus your wallet will stay full for longer. It's a win, win! Enjoy your holiday :cheers
Rachincov

The runway is not actually out in the sea but more in a sort of very shallow lagoon which is sometimes dry so no worries about ditching into deep water. The only fun bit is that it is slightly short so the pilots might seem to hit the brakes a bit hard ... but they always manage to stop !! Oh and it's a bit bumpy too. I love it!

As for the airport it is a bit small so you just have to stay calm and not get stressed. But Corfu is laid back anyway so you get used to the slower pace.

You're right in that Corfu is a beautiful island although in August you will find it a bit brown If you didn't know there is a water park not far from Sidari which the kids might enjoy. I think there is a bus service which passes the water park.
You can sneak off to your room for a mid afternoon nap

Hahahaha, i'm sure the missus has other things on her mind but there you go ;) lol

I havent seen any vieos yet, i'll have a look later, ta very much.
iluvSanGeorge wrote:

Rachincov

The runway is not actually out in the sea but more in a sort of very shallow lagoon which is sometimes dry so no worries about ditching into deep water. Ok I might have exaggerated a little :D

If you didn't know there is a water park not far from Sidari which the kids might enjoy. I think there is a bus service which passes the water park Would you know if this would be for Hydropolis or the big Aqualand?
Hi

I go to Sidari 3 weeks today and can't wait!! We went last year at the same time and loved it!!!

The Mosquitos are a problem even in the milder start to the season an it is the only place I have ever been bitten and I have travelled extensively. Make sure you get a repelent with 90% DEET and you will be fine. The Jungle one that is available everywhere now is fine.
Make sure you eat at B..E.D its a bar/restaurant has evening acts on and then turns into a nightclub later on. Also have a drink in 1 for the road Napolian the owner is fab and you will be welcomed time and time again with shots, t shirts and he has some great boards that if you have had one 2 many he will take pictures of you with they are hillarious as are the hats and glasses he has behind the bar...well worth a visit.
There are numerous tribute acts on everynight some are really modern like last year we had Amy Winehouse and Duffy along with a bit of Michael Buble and your usual Rod Stewart and Tome Jpnes's etc...the meat loaf was fab forgot to mention that....all in all you won't miss the kids too much as Sidari is as quiet or as lively as you want...oh and incase you want a bit of a Romantic night then have a meal on the beach front there is a lovely Italian over looking the sea.
Enjoy your holiday
Thanks for the advice Liz, must admit slightly worried about the mosquitos but really hoping we are the lucky ones and escape with little or no trouble for our holiday.
hey peeps any1 hitting kavos between the 22nd of august and the 5th of september :) xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.