Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
corfu excursions
20 Posts
One of the best trips we have been on in Corfu was the island tour. On this you visit various parts of the island depending on where you are based. We stay in San Stefanos NW and the tour from here includes the Achillion Palace , Paleokastritsa, a monastery and the airport where you can look out over the runway and see Mouse Island as well. We also went to a Koum Quat factory which was lovely.

Hope this helps.

Jules
Where on the island will you be staying as different areas have different local trips? These links may help :
Castaway Travel excursionsCaptain Aris cruises.
the Kum Quat factory was hilarious, as the woman doing the talking was either drunk or mad as a hatter...lol

we had a great time

(although we thought we had paid to go to the Palace and the caves but they appeared to be extra to the original payment)
Boat BBQ - but it has to be Theo's.
wanted to go on the BBQ but due to the weather they cancelled it...
has anyone been to corfu with cosmos, do they offer most /all of the trips that other tour operators offer - they only have three listed in brochure (aqualand, boouzouki night and island trip).

read you can do weekend trip to athens from corfu, anyone been or know which tour operator does trip.

thanks
Where is the kum quat factory. I have tried to find it on the websites but there is no address I can see.
We need to know where you will be staying for specific information, but there are many excursions available on the island , they are usually cheaper booked through the local offices than the tour operator.
I have posted above a link to Castaway Travel excursions which cover the north of the island.
There is one Koum quat factory in Nymphes and one near Roda.
I have to agree with any trip on Theo's boat. we went to the blue lagoon - although Theo is mad as a hatter
We are staying in Agios Gordios if that helps
I'll probably be staying in north of island near sidari
We were in Sidari !
Although you are on the other side of the island the best boat trip by far is run by the two Spiros's!

Spiros 1 and his family own the boat with the second Spiros steering the boat round the coast. you stop at a beach and have a barbeque on the beach. the food is delicious...all wine included and beer is pretty cheap at 1.50euro a pop.

Spiros is entertainment in itself and will make you laugh the whole time.

This trip runs from Gouvia though but i reckon worth making the trip.

Also the Greek Night at Tripa Taverna in the village of Kinopiastes is excellent too.
If you would like to e mail me at info@corfucastaway.com I can send you a comprehensive list of trips available in the area.
if you go to corfu you have to go on a captain theo boat-trip! they are fantastic. you go on a boat to a beautiful beach in mainland greece and have a BBQ and you can also do all the watersports on the island too(banana boats,para-gliding etc) then you go back on the boat after a few hours and go through some caves and then head back and there is a few suprises on the way back on the boat...

the dude that works on the boat is absoloutely mental too-he makes the trip a right laugh!
Has anyone been on the day trip to Albania?

When I mentioned to a few people I was going to Corfu and thinking of doing this trip they have all doubted the safety of Albania, and the Foreign Office at:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390590&a=KCountryAdvice&aid=1013618385522

seems quite negative on the country.
I think first of all one should remember that Britain has never had good political relationships with Albania, and the FO is has to be over cautious. Since the "troubles" in Albania several years ago there has been no problem at all. I send many people each week without any incident. We would not be allowed to offer the trip if there was any danger.
Tui offer two centre holidays in Corfu combined with Albania, I dont think they would do that if there was any danger !
Saranda, in the far south west of Albania, has been used to tourism since the days of Edward Lear and Lord Byron visiting the archaelogical site at Butrint. The FO site concentrates mostly on Tirana, and the Kosovo border many miles away.
Do not worry the worst problem you are likely to encounter is the gipsies trying to sell you lace,they can be quite insistent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.