Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
what food shortages.... just back from Zakynthos [not even unpacked yet] no sign of any food or drink shortages, no power cuts no water shortage and no strikes..... most of what you read is based around the capital Athena and the business center of Thessaloníki, prices were about the same as last year although some tax hikes are visible on booze and ciggies

yasus
wizard
Seems like everytime i decide to go somewhere i have never been before i hear of someone else who is worried about going there for some reason or other. :banghead:
Thing is brewerdave i think you can find something negative about anywhere in the world, if you ( or your OH ) are unsure of a place then don't go.
Personally i'm still very much looking forward to my first visit to Corfu in September, bring it on. :cheers
Brewerdave and David H

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Agios Georgios north in Corfu and everything is the same there as in previous years.
The prices of most things are the same as last year (beer, food in the shops, meals out, trips, bus fares). The exceptions are petrol and diesel which have gone up a lot from last year and are now dearer than in UK. Despite the fuel price increases some taxi prices have been held the same (by order of the hoteliers). We found that meals out are still cheaper than in UK, at least in the north-west where we stayed.
http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/bay100.jpg

There are no apparent food shortages and a supermarket was very well stocked.

The problem is that visitors like you and many others are not booking so apartment and hotel owners are worried about vacant rooms and all businesses are worried about how quiet it is. Some from another UK country have even cancelled their apartment reservations because of the reported violence on the streets of Athens. That is like cancelling a holiday in Devon because of troubles in Belfast !

CORFU IS OPEN and as good, beautiful and friendly as ever.

Dennis
Oh i booked some time ago & have no intention of cancelling, just hope i find Roda is as good as other's say it is. :cheers
Unfortunately couldn't persuade the OH so we are going to Tunisia instead .... Oh well, Rhodes in October anyway (already booked!!) :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.