Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
You lucky lucky thing! Tondoros apartments /planet bar have got to be the best apartments in sidari!( my opinion)!

This july we stayed at angelinas (a mins walk from tondoros)-to cut a long story short our apartments were c**p, absolutely filthy. , small pool, shaded ,blah blah blah...So we spent all our days at the tondoros/planet bar. It was great lovely big (clean) pool, great food- and stefans wife even showed us a room (As we wanted to book for july nxt year)- they were very nice-and more importantly clean! (Bear in mind greek apartments are very basic!) and if you have their email- it would be worth your while asking for studio 1, 2, 3. These look directly out to the pool area- which we might add was very very quiet- absolutely loads of sun beds, and hardly any folk there- we had the pick of beds- and this was between 11-11.30 every morning!- so peaceful-.

You were very lucky to get an apartment at the tondoros- as they book up really quick-example: we got back 23rd July- and tried to book for next July 2011- and they were fully booked- absolutely gutted!- I'll make sure Im in there for 2012 though- :)

Ps- there fresh waffles are to die for- they had just bought a new waffle machine whilst we were there-of course I felt it would be rude not to try them out :)

Any questions- just ask

(an envious)

Belly
Thanks for the speedy reply.It's nice to know that we are going to a nice place. Any tips with regards to,well,anything really would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Neil :tup
Hi neil-

- you are definately in the nicer area of canal d'amour- lovely places to eat, drink etc... but if you wanted loud/niteclubs/ etc...sidari strip is only 10-15 minutes walk. For us we tried it once- but to be honest- not our cup of tea (at home yes- in greece no)- it was just like being back home (Too english)- and were glad to be back in canal d'amour area.- but each to their own.

I have to pop out now- but will pm you later with best places to eat/drink/ trips etc....

belly
Thamks for that I am off to work so I will check in again tomorrow
Neil
Hi,the areas around canal d amour are lovely,loads of pubs and places to eat,sea monkeys on the beach is about a 5 minute walk away and has free sunbeds,places to eat are numerous,some of my favs are 3 little pigs(about 5 min walk) ,sunset beach,Madisons and sea breeza which are all on the strip and are only a 10 min walk away.Day trips are best booked with a small company called S&B travel which is heading towards the main town but only a 5 minute walk and is right by sea monkeys beach bar,all there trips are the price you see is the price you pay where as Vlaseros travel across the road(you will see the 2 big red coaches parked up at the side) advertise trips which seem really cheap but once they get you into book they mention the 7 euro p/p transfer charge so it costs a lot more than advertised for say a family of 4,I highly recommend the Corfu town by boat trip,sail from kassiopi about 3pm and takes about 2 hours to Corfu town,4 hours in town then return trip under the stars...lovely ,and if i remember right cost 15 euro pp,i would avoid the beach BBQ trips because we went on one last year in September and there was literally a million wasps on the beach!!!..Meal will cost anything from 4Euro for a Burger and chips to about 7 or 8 Euro for the greek food (stifado,Kleftiko etc),drinks range from 1.90 to 3 euro a pint and cocktails always seem to be around 5 euro but do look out for special offers especially in Madisons on the strip.We were in Sidari at the beginning of June for 2 weeks and we are going back on 17th September and staying at Angelinas which doesnt have glowing reports but for £219 pp its only somewhere to sleep....Maybe see you around town ;)
Thanks for your reply very helpful. We will bear in mind all your tips. Isee we are out there the same time so lets hope for nice weather and a lovely holiday
Cheers
Neil G :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.