Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
We stayed in Corralejo at about the same time Christmas before last, we found plenty of restaurants, supermarkets, shops and bars open at that time so you certainly won't go hungry. Its not as busy as it would be in the summer but they put a great celebration on for New Year's Eve with fireworks and music in the square. We had lovely weather and came back with the tan to prove it. Have a great time, we did.
Thank you for putting my mind at rest! We have just come back from Lanzarote where it rained on our last day and was quite cloudy other days so hopefully Christmas will make up for that!
we stayed at there december 2005, we had a great holiday, everything was open, even got a xmas dinner in a place called the clockhouse, ,very good value for money,
Unfortunately , The Clockhouse has now closed down due to lack of business. However other places will be just as lively, the reason for this being that the Spanish celebrate Three Kings rather than Xmas day, so they give each other prezzies on 6th Jan and have massive parades in the streets with people dressed up and camels, it's absolutely brill.
thats bad news about the clockhouse, they were really friendly in there, and the food was good,
Me and my family are flying out to corralejo on xmas day.Could anyone tell me if there will be any supermarkets/shops open with thanks
The supermarkets attached to the hotel and apartment complexes will be open but all the rest will be closed. I suggest you pack tbags some sugar sachets and other bits and bobs into your case. You will always be able to buy water from a bar or restaurant, all the restaurants will be open so you can get food.
Many thanks for your help
Does anyone know any websites/email addys for any restaurant in correlejo?Ive been trying to book for xmas day
Hi,
It might be a bit early yet but if you want to have a look at http://www.fuerteventuragrapevine.net you will get restaurant info, not necessarily email addresses but definately contact numbers etc. I haven't seen anyone advertising xmas dinner on my travels yet.
Hi, we are going to Fue for christmas week and would like to go for christmas dinner in a restaurant, does anyone know if they all will be open on christmas day and can anyone recommend any that will do roast dinners as my Dad will insist on a proper christmas dinner!!

We are staying just outside Correlejo, by the waterpark.

Thanks

Jo
Hi,
Try Tiffany's. If you are staying in the Oasis Papagayo. turn right out of reception and walk towards the Oasis Tamarindo. Tiffany's is in those shops there. They do a really nice roast. I do suggest you book up before you come out though as those of us who live here will be trying to get in for lunch on Xmas day.
By the way all of the public transport will be running as normal and there will be plenty of taxis about.
Hi, thanks for that, I will try them do you know where I can find a telephone number or website for them?

Thanks
Hi,
Telephone number is 0034680572041.
Let us know how much it is etc, so we can all book :D
Hi,
Popped into Tiffanys to find out what the score is for xmas. I will be posting the info as soon as she gives me it. They are closing after breakfast on Xmas day as they want to spend it with their kids.
Other days menus to follow asap :D
Hi, I tried to call but they are not doing dinners as said above, it would be great if you can find out what they are doing for breakfast instead as we may go for that option.

Apparently they are doing a full Xmas dinner with all the trimmings on the sunday before if that helps anyone?

Thanks for the help
Can anyone recommend any other good restaurant for christmas day please. We don't particulary want roast dinner?
If you tell me what you like I can recommend a good restaurant.
Fish, French - for christmas a little more then just the standard steak houses, which we also enjoy! Any suggestions appreciated. This will be our first visit having been to Lanzarote 9 times! and a couple of times to Gran Canaria so we are really looking forward to it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.