Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
the restaurant in the hotel is fab, we went in there, you have to pay but get a 20 per cent reduction if you are resident in the hotel. The steaks were brilliant x A la carte by they way not the buffet!
The Hotel is in walking distance of Fanabe and Del duque so plenty of restaurants.

The food in the hotel is good. We live here, but pop down to this hotel most Sundays for a day by their pool. We often eat lunch in their outdoor restaurant, which for a 5 star is very reasonably priced. A half roast chicken with salad (and chips) costs €5.90.

Cheap as chips. :)
Hi,
I've booked a holiday for me and my girlfriend to go to The Gran Hotel in Costa Adeje in the beginning of July, it looks like an amazing hotel however I have a few questions.
I know the water park near Playa las Americas, but is there another one? And is the water park within walking distance? & do they have lockers as how are couples supposed to go onto the slides without leaving their belongings unattended.
Has anyone been to the Costa Adeje recently? There are plenty of reviews but only one that recent. (Last August) Be nice to hear any more recent reviews, or for some around the beginning of July to know how busy the hotel gets?
I've been searching for information about airports and the security measures however, I'm not sure on the full procedure. I've been told that you can only have 1 small clear bag on the airplane?! Surely that can't be true?!
Thanks for any help.
Dominic :D
I have stayed twice at this immaculate hotel and it is as beautiful as it looks. It is a bit of a hike to the Waterpark but not out of the question. The Sky Park is the other water park but it is now closed. The Aqua Park do have lockers near to the entrance. The meals in the hotel are adequate but not especially good. Certainly not in keeping with the rest of the hotel standards. The a la carte restaurant may be better but I have never tried it. There are millions of quality restaurants near by in any case. Sure you will enjoy the hotel
Wow! :shock: Thanks for the quick reply.
We got B&B so the food shouldn't be a big problem to us, and im sure like you say the local restaurants will be more than adequate :D
Thanks
Dominic
The Aqua park is is San Eugenio Alto. A good hours walk and up hill toward the end.

If you want a good takeaway ask a taxi driver, they live on them...

We live in Tenerife and we spend every Sunday in this hotel. Simply Superb. :wink:
Regarding the airport security etc. My husband and I came back from Tenerife last Tuesday having spent a week there. I too was worried about the amount of hand baggage you could take on the plane. I am diabetic and have to take insulin and tablets so I put the insulin into a clear plastic bag and carried it in a flight bag about the size of a large handbag. Although I declared the insulin, as it was liquid, the airport security both in Bristol on the way out and Tenerife on the way back weren't interested and I needn't have bothered putting it in a plastic bag. On departure in Tenerife we had to take coats off, empty pockets, remove belts, etc. and put everything, flight bag included, into plastic trays that were then put through the scanner. Some people had to remove their shoes. Unless the rules change yet again, there shouldn't be a problem with hand luggage. I had a look on the Bristol airport website to see what the security regulations were so perhaps you could do that.
Wow that certainly is extreme going out from Tenerife. Good to know someone is doing its bit to fight the problems though.
I just can't imagine going on a plane with practically nothing...?
What about those who are going on a really long flight? Australia etc... the airlines are going to be loving the amount of money people spend of drinks...?
when we went to Barcelona recently it was Ok to buy drinks once through security and was not a problem to bring them on the plane
Hiya all

I want to go to Tenerife with my son John in April 2009 as on the 4th my late partner would have been 40 and it was his wish to spend his birthday there. Funds are limited though I would like us to stay in the Costa Adeje gran hotel as that was where we shared so many happy times. Can anyone advise me on where to find cheap flights to Tenerife? Or even better a package deal for this hotel? If not I would appreciate any advice on where to stay with a young child keeping in mind I will be alone with our son. Thanks in advance, dyanxx
best way for cheapest flights is one of the low cost airlines.
easyjet, ryanair, flymonarch, jet2
compare the flight prices. the earlier you book the cheaper the flight will be.
then once you find a bargain flight, can shop around for the best hotel rates.
only a couple of tour operators do this hotel as part of a package according to the gazeteer - thomson and airtours, so you may get more price options doing it seperatly.
Hi there,

Having had a quick look, departing on the 3rd April from Gatwick for a week, I've found £588.96 each for Bed & Breakfast at the Adeje Gran. Unfortunately, the 4th April falls on the first weekend of the 'official' school holidays in the UK, so it is likely to be quite pricey.

If you supply specific dates and a departure airport then I can take a more in-depth look for you.

If you did want to find the cheapest flights though, I'd look on Travel Republic, as they supply both low cost flights and charter flights, and you'll find that despite what the low cost airlines want you to believe, the charter flights are often cheaper!
Thanks Stevie am flexible with the dates though have to be there for the 4th as that is Paul's well would have been his 40th. Have looked on Monarch and found flights for 299 total and looked on alpha rooms and can get the room for 625 from the 31st mar to 7thapr but if you can find better would appreciate it:) many thanks xx
Assuming you meant 299 for the two of you, that isn't too bad a price for flights.

As for the hotel, it does depend on what board you're looking for. For Bed & Breakfast, I've found it for the same dates for £600.23 which would mean a £25 saving on Alpha Rooms. However it goes up to £674.54 for Half Board. This was on Travelrepublic.co.uk.

Also on Travel Republic, I managed to find it for £528 (£594 for Half Board) for departing on the Sunday 29th - April 5th, although baring in mind there will be a greater amount of flight options available on the Tuesday so it could work out more expensive overall. For a week including the 4th, it does seem to be cheapest to depart on the Sunday (29th), gradually getting more expensive as you work towards the school holidays. However as I say, Tuesdays and Fridays will offer the greatest choice of flights, and therefore may prove to be cheaper in the long run (although having looked on Monarch, there doesn't seem to be that much difference between the Sunday and the Tuesday, depending on where you're departing from).

Good luck!
Hi all
Has anyone stayed here recently? thinking of booking for december but I mainly need to know what the walk is like to the beach, is it near the market and what,s the food like?
Always stay at the other end of las americas at the noelia sur or bitacora but just fancy a change, can anyone say what sort of comparison they would make between them all.

Regards
Jeanie
If any recent guests at the Costa Adeje Gran can help Jeanie with some info, we would be grateful if you could also take some time to update our review page for the hotel:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Many thanks
David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.