EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I bought a two-bedroOm apartment in Benalmadena about six years ago. We bought it from plan and only took the keys in May 2004. In the first four years, since buying from plan, the value went up quite handsomely. However, in the past 18 - 24 months the property market has stagnated and is likely to stay quiet for at least a couple of years more.

I would say that makes it a good time to buy in Benalmadena / Torremolinos, as it is a buyer's market right now and you might pick up a nice property with a well placed offer, below the asking price, if the seller wants out quickly.

As you will know if this is one of your favourite holiday destinations, there are regular flights from Newcastle to Malaga, so no problems there.

As for rentals, Benalmadena is popular as you know and I've had no problems letting mine out. In July and August I could let it out several times over. In the Winter it is popular with golfers and also retired people looking for long-term lets to escape the British weather.

If you want more details, drop me a pm.

Cheers,

JJ
Yep agree with JJ..I own in La Cala de Mijas between Fuengirola and Calahonda..bought mine in 2007..had a fully booked summer last year..and this year it is through the roof!..We are going in March for 4 days...It is the only time we are able to go when it is not booked until November :)
I realise that you are in early planning stages or maybe only just considering your options. There are SOOOO many things to consider and alot of the time its down to perseverance and sometimes sheer dumb luck. being in the right place at the right to to get the right property. there are a number of developments going on her in GC and the price swing between north and south is massive. Each area having its own merits eg south coast playa del ingles and PR to Mogan, better warmer weather but prices reflect the demand, further towards the airport it can be cooler, more "traditional" and cheaper. how likely you are to rent it out is also a factor as this will affect location. some sites like homesweethomespain help with the whole package (at a price) but there is masses of property new and old, big and small in gran canaria. It is a buyers market for now, id suggest get googling look at some properties online and work down a shortlist and then people like jay jay, annmon and myself can chuck in our tuppence worth! happy hunting!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.