Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
costs in pdc
13 Posts
I'd be grateful if anyone has been recently of typical costs too? And is the waterpark worth a visit? Thanks
I don't think costs in euros have changed much but of course you're getting a lot less euros to the pound, although it's getting better than it was a few months ago.

The water park is OK, not brilliant though. You need to make a day of it to get your moneys worth IMHO.
we found costs pretty much the same as the last 2 years,just fewer euro's in yer pocket.we paid about 25e for 2 2 course meals with a few drinks. a round of 4 drinks was about 12-16 euros
Prices don't seem to have gone up in the last few years much. We were there in March again.
You can get some good value meals, as some places do a meal of the day, or a set 2/3 courses for good value. This is, of course, of varying qualities.
We found the best way to save was to each most lunches in the apartment, buying salad/bread/meat/cheese from the local shops, which will last several meals. Then going out in the evening, thus actually being able to spend more.
We're wine drinkers, and found this the best value. You could get a bottle of wine in a restaurant for €10-€20, which was cheaper over the course of the evening than beer/spirits, especially if there is 2 or more of you. Of course, this means you have to stay in the same place to drink it. ;)
Of course, buying wine in the supermarket was cheaper. As was beer.
We often would have a bottle of wine in the restaurant, then go back to the apartment with another bottle from the supermarket! :tup
Saving money this way for most days, meant we could go out a couple of nights and have a really good night, really great food and plenty of the nicer bottles of wine! :tup :wave:

Sorry, I am waffling now! I just start thinking of Lanzarote and start having lovely memories!!!

Have a good time xx
Thanks for the waffle it was very useful lol! We've gone AI as was worried abot the euro, however we still end up spending loads!!
Just back from a fortnight in PDC. We had a ball. Went Stayed in Los Helechos apartments just up Cardiac Hill. They were very nice, it's a private secured complex with a large pool which might I add we had to ourselves most days.

The prices I have to say I did notice had gone up considerably since we had been there around 4/5 years ago. Not surprising what with the current situation. I did find it really cheap to eat out most nights rather than cook at the apartment. We did do this some nights as there were four of us. I would have to say the supermarkets, especially the local one which was annexed to our complex was really expensive, especially for bread and the usual essentials. COuldn't believe the price of a loaf, around £2.50 for a tiny loaf!
Never mind, you don't go on holiday to cook every night I suppose.

My fav restaurant while there I would have to say would be the Tex Mex on the main road in PDC, realy reasonable prices and the food was fab. One to watch was the Indian Aroma! Went there for a takeaway after a night out and ordered a portion of chicken pakora. When I got home and looked in the bag there was four peices of chicken and two tubs of sauce! It cost 5 euros! When I went back the next night to complain about it the English PR man at the door didn't even know what pakora was! Anyway, that is the only thing I have to moan about really about the holiday. Although I would say if you're planning on going clubbing I would have some drinks in the local English bars before going in as the prices of alcohol while in there are ridiculous. around 6 euro for a spirit and mixer and 5 euro for a pint of guinness! Moan over your'll be glad to hear!!

I loved the Island, we hired a car for four days, just a basic car with aircon and it only cost 55 euro which we thought was very reasonable. We went to Timanfaya National Park which I would recommend to anyone. It is about a 50 min drive from PDC and well worth it. You drive there and when you get there you are put on a coach, which I didn't realise you did at the time, and it takes you right around the park on a really narrow road, I had my eyes shut a lot of the time! It was really interested and would probably do it again if I return to Lanzarote. The cost of this is 8euro per adult. We then went to Playa Blanca for the day and I would have to say if I do go back to Lanza I would probably stay there. It is a really lovely resort with a lovely but small beach.
For the third day we went to Jameos Del Agua which was really beautiful too.

Hope this is of assistance to some of you planning to go. Wish I was going back there soon as the weather was brilliant, the sun shone every day we were there and it wasn't the least bit cold at night.
Glad you had a good time, crash! :cheers And thanks for the review.

Just want to ask you, we haven't been to Timanfaya National Park before, and was thinking of hiring a car and going next time we're there. Just wondering what the road was like that the coach takes you around? Hubby gets very nervous on narrow roads on sides of hills/mountains, where there steep drops on either side on the road? If there was, I know he wouldn't want to go!
Hi there Good Queen Bess, I'll be honest with you, there were a few dodgy bends on the road the bus takes you on and there are no barriers at all around it. However the bus driver that take you on these excursions are highly experienced. I was scared at times going around the park but I would most definitely do it again, next time with my eyes open the whole way, lol! Some of the views are amazing.
I take it that there are a few steep, long drops then? :really :rofl He won't like it!
GQB, I am like your hubby, just hate those steep drops on either side. I have been to Timanfaya numerous times, and on a few trips I have elected to stay in the main area, while family and friends have taken the coach trip round, so that is always an option for him, while you go on the coach and take loads of pics to show him :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.