Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
As someone who has flown to Jersey and Palma from Coventry Airport, I can assure you that everyone in the local area to whom I have spoken are very disappointed with Thomsonfly's decision.While appreciating that it wouldn't be an ideal place to be delayed for more than a short time, I found that the facilities, while limited, are fine unless you want lots of shops etc to spend money in. Personally, if I can get a coffee, drink or snack and be able to buy a newspaper or magazine I am satisfied! The sheer convenience of disembarking from the plane and being home within half an hour far outweigh any disadvantages, and I havent met anyone who has flown from Coventry who hasn't been impressed with the time saving aspect . I have now had to reschedule next years holiday to Ibiza from Birmingham Airport, which is fine but disappointing. I spent a whole day last week travelling from Sicily to Gatwick and then driving home in very busy traffic so I know which I prefer!The uncomplimentary comments which have been posted are certainly not shared by anyone I know personally.
Coventry Airport has closed with immediate effect it was announced on 8th December 2009 due to financial difficulties. More details on BBC News and Sky News.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.