General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Of course you can wear your cowboy hat , your on holiday
Leave the knotted hanky at home the hat would look better.
Yes, definitely!
You'll probably never see the people there again, what does it matter?
Headgear? Maybe we should all be wearing dust masks!!! Especially those going to Mexico!

Seriously, wear what you want. Maybe you'll look a little silly and feel a little stupid but 'who cares'. You're on your holiday!
I look at sun hats in the shops, and on the heads of other holiday makers and the look lovely.

Make me look like someone who's been raiding the dressing up box.
I must say I've tried a few different things on my head but am not satisfied with any of them. One year I bought a nice floppy hat but it was useless as I like to lie back on the lounger to read and the back of the louner kept knocking it off my head. Then a couple of years ago I tried a bandana which I think looked quite nice but didn't shade my head or eyes. I normally stick to a peaked sports cap - looked fine when I was younger but TBH I think I'm a little past that look now. I bought a low key version of the sports cap for this Easter's hols and I think I'll probably stick to that for the summer.

The models with their cowboy hats, kaftans sunshades and tans do look fab so maybe you should try and recreate the look. I think it depends on the individual. What about posting a pic for us to offer our opinions Juby ;)
I'm afraid I fall into the category that all hats look hideous on me! :cry My teenage daughter on the other hand can wear anything, she even put her 83yr old Grandad's cap on and it suited her!

And yes she will be taking her cowboy hat on holiday, so go for it Juby! :)
I've gone for a large brimmed floppy white hat bought in Boots with a kaftan and large specs to go with. Tried them on in the bedroom to guffaws of laughter from OH!!!!!! Thought I looked like a throw back from the 70's. :que Me, I thought I looked ab fab so watch out for me in Protaras next week. :cheers :sun2
Leave the knotted hanky at home the hat would look better.

Many, many years ago, my two lads would not stop arguing and fratching on the beach in Somerset. I took out my hanky, tied the corners and rolled up my trousers to the knees. It worked a charm, they didn't want me shouting at them looking like that! :tup

Headgear now is an Aussie bush hat, no corks.
It's all about attitude Juby so I say, yes, go for it. You sound well fashionista.

I may get a straw hat this year, not too big mind.

Cazzmick... that sounds very Joan Collins. :cheers
SandC wrote:
It's all about attitude Juby so I say, yes, go for it. You sound well fashionista.

I may get a straw hat this year, not too big mind.

Cazzmick... that sounds very Joan Collins. :cheers

Brilliant. :rofl
I'd say go for it! It's got to look better than the old fake Burberry baseball cap! :wink:
I'd say go for it as well. Compared to a lot of sights you see on holiday I am sure you are going to look the height of Euro Chic. :tup
Thanks so much you lovely lot ! yep, you've all made up my mind, am gonna go for it and work the ' carribean chic' look this time as last year I failed miserably to succesfully pull off the 'eurochic' look !!
I'm packing tomorrow for our trip to jamaica next sunday, so in it goes !! :tup
cheers,
juby
Dont pack it in the bag juby . Wear it to the airport :)
lynwestie wrote:
Dont pack it in the bag juby . Wear it to the airport :)

LOL Lyn they will probably make her take it off and put it through the scanners incase there is anything suspect underneath it. :rofl

Jamaica Juby. It sounds fab. :tup :sun2 :cheers
My 9 year old has today refused a baseball cap and is now the very proud owner of a woven trilby. He's not taken it off all day. At least I won't have to nag "put yer hat on!" when we are in Greece.
Lyne, I have a rasta hat complete with dreadlocks that i'm wearing to the airport ! lol ! :rofl
Juby

Don't wear it to the airport, now that is so 2008. What you should wear to the airport maybe in the head case sorry head gear category is a bright pink claires accessory cowboy hat you know the ones the pink fluffy fur round the brim? If you walk around the airport with that on and say 'yeh man cool' to every one you will fit in in Jamaica just fine. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.