Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Firstly I'll admit I've never stayed at the Elamaris, but it does seem that All Inclusive in Cyprus is, well, a bit hit and miss. I've read many reviews which were far from complimentary, basically along the lines of "they've had our money so they aren't bothered about feeding and watering you". My only experience of AI was our honeymoon (not Cyprus) and it was pretty bad - for all the reasons you'll read about in the bad reviews on here.

I'm sure this isn't true of all Cyprus AI, but personally I prefer self catering and enjoying the numerous tavernas along with the odd home made salads.

I can however understand why people go AI - a mate of mine has 2 small kids and it worked out much cheaper, but if you have a choice I'd always go SC over AI.

Just my opinion though

Richie
Go there with a open mind and remember that no UK tour operators use this hotel at the moment.
We went on a budget and got a budget hotel. All our previous 4* hotels where soooooo much better than this one but then again we paid more. Definately should only be classed as 2-3* now.
Staff are fine apart from the odd one like the miserable old man that greeted us at reception the night we got there and when we asked if there was any food or water available told us there was a take away round the corner :think
Entertainment isn't upto much as there are only 2 of them organising all the daytime and evening activities.
Food was the big issue I'm afraid so be prepared to eat out a few times. The head chef and indeed the management hadn't a clue about the All Inclusive option, you're better off going Self Catering.
Not too many people stayed around in the evenings for the bingo etc but the drinks are fine.
If I new how to upload photos I would have a go to show you a few of our photos but I possibly would just put you off the place with some of them ;)
Make the most of the drink and eat what you can. A big tip is to fill up on the snack menu just before lunch and just before dinner........just incase there's nothing edible on the main menu especially if you have children.
Hopefully by the time the summer season is in full swing they will have sorted this out.
Uploading photos -

Quickest way is to create yourself an account with a hosting site like http://photobucket.com/

Its pretty much explained on the site,create a folder, upload to folder etc, then you can click on the "copy url" part and past it into a post on here !

Steve

(or email the photos to someone you trust with your email address and let them do it for you !)
just uploaded a few now trying to fathom out how to paste them on here without needing my pasword, tried it once and it was a link to the whole album and asked for my password :think
Tried again and the forum wont let me paste the link as i havent posted enough :(
Look at each photo (presuming you are on photobucket) and underneath is has 4? boxes with something like "direct link", "forum tags", "html" and something else.. if you click on one of those it will pop up saying "copied" all you then need to do is "paste" it (CTRL V) on a post in here (so best to have two windows open, one in here and one in the photobucket site)
Well done for getting them uploaded !

As I said, its a bit tatty in places but to me a bit of discoloured grouting or flaky paint won't stop me from having a shower or going to sleep, If I wanted fantastic tiling and newly painted doors I'd stay at home ! :tup

apart from the insect and the lack of choice with the food, did you manage to have a good time ?

Steve
At the end of the day we made the most of it without complaining to management and ruining everyone elses holiday like some of the moaners there :) What is the point in that I dont know.
It hasn't put me off Cyprus but I would go to another hotel. I think the 4* rating should be taken away from them although when we went 12 years ago I'm sure there were 4 stars on the top of the hotel and now there aren't.
I have spoken to friends who have been AI in Cyprus and they have said the food was diabolicle in there hotel so maybe they just haven't got it right at the moment in Cyprus ;)
for your information..

the Elamaris dos not hold any star rating, its official designation is Apart-hotel grade A, this equates to 31/2 star up wards depending on facilities

wiz
I have read this thread with interest after posting a slightly negative review back in 2006. Looks like not much has changed! In my opinion the Elamaris belies it's 4* rating (as it was then) at the time I reckoned it would be a 3* at the very most. Even two years ago I felt it was tired and run down so heaven knows what it is like with another two years under it's belt - oh well, we can see for ourselves from these pictures there has been no improvement! I certainly would never consider returning to the Elamaris unless it underwent a major facelift, I will be sticking to private lets from now on.
Well after some careful consideration I've booked it !

As I've been twice before and I don't let things like a bit of flaky paint bother me I'm risking the food being edible and having enough choice so that we can pick at least something each day ! - As I said somewhere back in the past, its cheap and you gets what you pays for ! If I'd spent £1500 a head for a 4 Star rated hotel then I'd be a little upset about it, however I've just booked for 2 1/2 weeks , All Inclusive, Transfers, Insurance and Extra leg room for £1100 each ! (did take a little internet research and then some good bargaining in the travel agents) - So I'm hoping to have another great holiday there !

Steve
i have just returned from staying in is hotel and its not as bad as some people said ok the room could do with decorating. In the room there is a lot of space i stayed in a one bedroom apartment three adults and one baby. the staff was nice and helpful. the food was ok not much of choice but always some thing to eat no one ever when without eating a thing and if nothing for my daugther then they cooked her fish finger etc which was great. drinks and ice cream all day loving. snacks if you wanted a snack such as toasted cheese and ham sandwich, burger and chips, nuggets and many more you order them and collect in about ten mintues which again was good as the food was nice a hot. Reps are great doing things with kids during the day with a kids club and enterment every night which everyone all always loved. so overall had a lovely holiday with great weather and meet some lovely people too xxx
kerryann26 thanks for your post ! - As I said I've taken everyones views into consideration and booked anyway !
We read some reviews before we went there back in 2006 and people were complaining the corridors were in need of some paint and attention (we went and yes there were odd bits that a lick of paint would have cheered up but to be honest we didn't really spend much time staring at the corridors as its not my idea of holiday fun !) - that year we had gone with an open mind and had a great holiday !
We went again in 2007 and this time my sis in law and her family came along as well and we all had a great time !
This year we are coming back again and I expect to have another fantastic holiday !

Steve
Hi kerryann26

I would appreciate it if you could post a review by clicking Hotel Reviews at the top of the page.

luci :wave
We're counting down now, can't wait to get back....

Has anyone else been to this hotel since it "changed" ?

Steve
I've been and done now ... I'm just uploading some pictures to photobucket, then I'll think about posting etc...

don't worry if you are going soon its not as bad as you could be led to believe !

Steve
We stayed here with our 3 year old daughter in September 2007 for 2 weks. We booked last minute and travelled with Thomsons.

We stayed self catering and were extrmemely glad we did, so many fantastic restaurants in Pernera and Protaros area.

We found the apartments very dated and in need of some TLC - Not to mention the cleanliness left alot to be desired.

We wouldn't stay at these apartments again - but would return to the area. The bay which is a short 3-5 min walk is beautiful and we spent most of our days there as we are not really pool lovers.

The breakfast at Elamaris was appalling so we opted to buy form the supermarket for the rest of our stay and never ate in the restauarant.

Becs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.