Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
PRDO is it worth it I one word YES it is a wonderful hotel we are back again in July 09 for a minor 2nd Visit loads of people have been up to 13 times which proves a point, my trip report can be seen here.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/caribbean/cuba/guardalavaca/paradisus-rio-de-ora-resort-hotel-and-spa/

From the hotel they do a overnight trip to Havana which we are doing this year, you fly up early have coach tour etc with guide all food included visit the Tropicana nightclub included overnight in hotel more tours 2nd day then fly back late evening cost £230 approx we think this is a better option than 3 days in Havana. We have booked with Tompson who flights are first class 33" seat pitch in star class 36" in Premier.
The three hotels mentioned are probably the best 3 in Cuba. I've not been to Varadero but have stayed at the PRDO and it was fantastic - would definitely return there someday. We usually stay at 5* AI in Mexico and were a bit concerned that the standards would be much lower but the PRDO was comparable. The food was excellent.

As you are aware, the Varadero hotels are much closer to Havana. I thought Virgin offered a flight and 3-night stay in Havana and then a transfer to PRDO but that may be from Gatwick? Thomas Cook also do a similar holiday starting with 3 nights in Havana but they fly direct to Varadero.

I'm sure you'll have a great time whichever of these hotels you choose.
We are going to the PRDO at the begining of March, I hope its as good as most of its write ups, how dressed up do people get for dinner at night, I have read snowyboys report and am now really looking forward to it. Any other things we should know about when there? Any comments, thanks
Susan
Susan, for evenings I'd suggest smart casual. Hubby wore say linen trousers and a smart short sleeved shirt and I'd wear a skirt/top or a dress, nothing too over the top, (maybe Per Una sort of thing?) and we felt just right. Didn't notice anyone really dressing up but you'd feel out of place in shorts or a T-shirt in the evenings. I would suggest taking a cardigan for the evenings as the air conditioning made some of the indoor a la carte restaurants seem on the cool side compared to outside.

Cazz
Don't forget to check REVIEWS and let me know if you'd like any hotels added :tup
Thanks for comments, seems we should dress as we did in Dom Rep, I also like per una.
Thanks for help, just seen a brand new one in Varadero Iberostar Laguna Azul think I have decieded now and might just go for a brand new hotel this time around as I definately want a few nights in Havana.
PRDO is getting rave reports cant wait for July
snowyboy wrote:
PRDO is getting rave reports cant wait for July

It's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at (Guardalavaca one). There's not many places where you can have smoked salmon, oysters, lobster and king prawns from the all inclusive buffet every night! The crepes are fabulous as well. The diving off Playa Esmeralda isn't bad either :cheers :sun2

Darren
Darren got to agree 100% PRDO is great hotel we are back for second visit in July many people have been more than 10 times I am a novice. :sun2
snowyboy,

Only once for me as I like to travel around to different places rather than go back to the same one. But if I was ever in that part of Cuba again, it would be the PDRO no question.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.