Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Thats an easy one July early is very good we back for 2 time in 3 weeks can't wait. In 2008 one small shower in the whole 2 weeks.

Hotel PRDO Guardalavaca 5* adults only wonderful Look here.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/caribbean/cuba/guardalavaca/paradisus-rio-de-ora-resort-hotel-and-spa/
Been twice in July and it was fine. Rains more in the later afternoon and nights if at all. Even then it is a quick shower and it is gone. We got married there on our first trip in 2003 and the weather was great the full 2 weeks.
Where about did you stay in Cuba??Any suggestions? :que
July was fine for us back in 2006, even though we came back around the 5th.

We stayed at Sol rio Lunar Mares,in Guardalavaca,On arguably the best beach in Cuba,Playa Esmerelda beach. :sun2
First time at the Sol Cayo Guilermo. I have spent the last 6 years trying to find a better beach. The second time we stayed at the Breezes Jibacoa. This one was booked with Virgin and was great. The hotel was so quiet by the way of guest numbers. Both of them are of the beaten track a bit but if you like peace either is great.
I fly out to Havana on 5th July this year so, yes, I think that July is fine! However, it can be very humid depending on which part of the island you go to and in the southeast you can expect the humidity to build up to the point of a short, sharp cloudburst in the mid/late afternoon. It will be over and done with very quickly and can be quite a relief as it clears the air and everything feels fresher. Also, the hurricane season generally starts in July but as I think that the Cuban authorities handle these things much better than almost anywhere else in the Caribbean or the US it's never put me off.

SM
shepj7,

we went to cuba begining of august 3 yrs ago, and stayed at the playa pesquero in guardalavaca.

i cannot commend this facility enough for you, also you defno. need to visit Havanna if you go to cuba.

good luck.

:sun2
Eifion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.