Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,

The weather can be mixed in Cyprus around New Year time.

You could have lovely sunny days but it will go colder in the evenings.
It will definitely be better than the UK but it will not be warm enough for swimming in the sea/outdoor pools - unless they are heated of course.

It depends which part of the island you go to as to whether there will be plenty going on.

Paphos is an all year round resort and also Limassol I believe. As I understand most of the Eastern holiday resorts close down for the winter months.

Some restaurants close down for reburbishment for a couple of months or so but there will still be plenty of choice.

Viv
Thanks for your reply, will look into it further.
Theresa
Viv is right just, one point though, this New Years day tourist were in the sea, and also in some local hotel pools, it feels warm here to those coming from the UK most of us locals though put our winter coats on...nice time of the year in Pafos, but not beach weather normally.
we went to paphos last new year and had an absolutely fabulous time. The kids were dancing on the tables and in the street on new year's eve - we were welcomed everywhere we went. the days were warm and great for site seeing. much nicer to look at all the mosaics, etc, at this time of year rather than in the summer heat. we wore jumpers / fleeces but never needed a coat. it wasn't warm enough (for me) for sunbathing and our hotel pool was unheated so our young lad jumped in and out just the once like a cat. can highly recommend paphos to you.
Thanks for the replies.
Went to protaras in august 2005 for my 40th birthday, had a great time but very hot to sight see. Hubby not too good with the sun. Thought it might be a good time to go in december to do some sight seeing. Are most places and things open still then in paphos? Understand will need jumpers / trousers on a night time , What about in the day?
Went to tenerife for new year last year and it was warm in the day but cooler on a night, needed cardies/ jumpers. Is the waether similar to tenerife?
Mant thanks.
Theresa
most of the sites for mosaics, etc, are government run and only close on bank holidays, christmas day. Everything was open when we visited between 30 december and 6 jan. weather just nice in the day and Ok in the evening just a jumper required.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.