Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The weather in Cyprus is the best in the Med, full stop, but we have winters, they can be cool and windy and hopefully next year wet, as we are in dire need of water on the island, after a dry winter, you could expect some half decent weather but it also could be bad, depends on lady luck...we love the winters here we can sleep at nights, hard to do at this very moment..too hot!!
Hiya, Ive been to Cyprus in Feb 2000 and the weather wasn't too cold at all. The locals all their long trousers and coats on, but us Brits are used the temperatures of about 16-17 degress, so I was walking around in shorts and t-shirt. U can go up to the mountains where it reaches -6 deg, but then come back down to the beach and it aint too bad. The sea will be freezing cold tho, so will the swimming pools. Apart from the water temp, short and t-shirt is ok. Take a jacket or jumper/cardi for the evenings tho, and for the girls, cropped trousers for nighttime will do. Let me know how u get on.
we went to Cyprus this January.. being me i packed for typical Cyprus January weather, well it apparently rained all day before we arrived, our week was wall to wall sunshine 20deg it started raining on our last day but as we had a fairly early flight and had to pack no problem

Just bear in mind it is WINTER over there the same as the UK and so some facilities/restaurants etc. won't be open

what ever the weather its bound to be better than here, so have fun

wizard
Thanks, guys, looks like it will be a lot better than what I thought temperature wise.
Trying to find somewhere not too far from Aqaba (Jordan) where we can fairly easily go to for a few weeks when we are visiting our son and daughter-in-law who live there. Hubby doesn't fancy Sharm or the Egyptian coast although we know it will be warmer there.
Any other suggestions would be welcomed!!!!!
Pat
:glynis
Shorts and Tshirts give over...far too cool for them, jumpers and light jackets order of the day, local or not!! :roll:
When I was over there in the Feb, all I wore during the day was shorts and t-shirt. Night time was when the jacket, trousers came out of the wardrobe, not daytime shorts!
Jim the week we were there the only time i wore a jacket was for dinner, rest of the time short sleeve shirts with shorts around the hotel or very light trousers if we went out,
coming out from a max of 3deg at home to 20deg makes it feel dam hot.
you have been there too long and have now acclimatised to the annual weather like the locals, they were wandering round as if it was sub zero

Brian
Thanks Wizard, Im glad somebody else agrees with me about the shorts and t-shirt thing. Maybe Jim needs to come back over to Blighty to re-discover the joys of January/Feb here, then decide it is warmer over there Jan/Feb time!
Well I live here as you know, and have spent many a Christmas and new year here of course some have been lovely but many have been cool and wet, but by all means where a tshirt and shorts at least it makes us ''locals'' smile...but I reiterate bring something warm to wear and make sure your digs has heating!!!! very important.

Oh! and PS I am well aware of the climate differences I lived in the UK for 54 years, but remember weather is the weather, and I do have an idea of what it can be like here, last winter two locals died when they were washed into the sea in a torrential rain, Coralia beach hotel had to close when a mud slide put all the breakfast chairs, tables and guest out onto the beach!! we ran out of heating gas (LPG) and nearly froze to death, I know how cold it can get here...but hey! you bring your shorts..and sun lotion.. :gluck and have a good time..
  • Edited by jimbox 2007-07-22 19:22:11
We do understand that u 'locals' get cold in the winter months, but us holiday makers do enjoy the balmy temperature compared to the UK. That's why we come over in the winter, as well as summer! All I can say to the rest of us holidays makers, just take a lightweight jacket/cari/jumper and trousers for the evenings!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.