Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
cyprus this sep
36 Posts
A good website for checking historical weather is http://www.weatherunderground.com You can look back to September 2007 and you will get the weather as it was then (look at on a 'monthly view' for a calendar type view.) I am booked for September 2008 too and my choice of resort is normally Paphos or Coral Bay. It really depends what you are looking for as most resorts have something to offer for everyone. I don't find Cyprus particularly cheap to eat out however the quality of food never disappoints, you get what you pay for ! As for hotels and apartments, my choice this year is a private rental close to the centre of Paphos however if you read the review section for hotels & apts. I generally look to those that are highest rated as a starting point (I wouldn't rule out a private apt. as it can work out cheaper in the long run and you have all your facilities to hand.) I got mine through http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk. Hope this helps.
We always go in September. It is still quite hot, but you will have missed the worst of the heat, that being in July and August. You can get the odd thunderstorm at that time.
September 2004:.........................................September 2006:
http://www.postimage.org/Pq_VRx0.jpg...http://www.postimage.org/aVDXtmS.jpg

For beach, nightlife and bars, I think Protaras would be your best bet. Second choice, the Nissi area of Ayia Napa.

Eating out etc. (Prices in £ Sterling - Cyprus is now using the Euro.)
Beer (local) will be anything from 1.50 to 2.50 a pint.
Brandy sours about the same.
Bottle of wine about 6.00.
Main courses from 4.00 upwards depending on what and where.
Starters and sweets from around 1.50.

Bear in mind, the more touristy the area, the more you are likely to pay.

Never stayed at that end of the island, we prefer Larnaca and Pissouri so can't help with hotels.

Mark
I've been to Cyprus 5 times in September and have yet to see a drop of rain,and it's always been hot!I would recommend Protaras or Ayia Napa.Napa has a bit of reputation for being loud & brash,but I've never found it like that(first recommended to me by my grandparents,both in their 70's!).Let me know if you'd be staying in apts or hotel and i'll give some good accomodation.
Hi don't know if this could be any help but worth a read!

We go to cyprus every year from the past 11 years now. August - September every year. In sept its still hot enough to catch a nice tan but it isnt as hot as the weather in July/August but i think it starts cooling down mid sept - end sept. The last 2 years we have stayed in Tropical Dreams in Protaras,where the hotel is is a great place because its on the main strip but off a corner so your right on the night life but away from the noise.The only louder noise you hear on the night if your staying in Tropical Dreams is the Magic Dancing Waters right next too the hotel thats only from around 7:30-9ish though so not too bad seeing as most people are out around that time anyway!

Hope this helped a bit!
CourtneeLouise
Lucky you, Carl.

I've been to Cyprus 12 times, 8 of them in September. We had rain during at least 4 of those September visits.

They have all been short sharp showers. It happens.
I have pictoral evidence.http://bestsmileys.com/storms/9.gif I'm not trying to put anyone off.

Mark
Thanks for all the replies, you have been very helpful.

So prices to eat and drink are similar to prices here at home?

We were paying around 10 - 13 pounds in total for 3 of us to eat out in the evening and a few drinks each in Goa for the past 2 weeks, think it will be a shock to our system :rofl

We arent really fussed if it is a hotel or apartment, there will only be two adults travelling this time.

I think we want to travel with first choice, so i will have a look at their website and come back to you regarding the hotels/apartments listed.

P.S, looking at 3 or 4 star properties

Thanks

Nicola
Hi Nicola, Check out our review section HERE whilst you are waiting for some personal recommendations.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath.
I will have a look now.
can anyone suggest a hotel or apartment for couples?
we are in our mid 20's, and are wanting a chill out holiday in the day time, and want to explore the bars and a couple of clubs at night.

I really do not want to end up in a similar place to where i went with my university friends 7 years ago in Magaluf.
We went on a mixed holiday, around 6 girls and 4 lads, and we stupidly let the lads arrange the apartment.
We ended up staying where lots of immature teenagers making lots of noise at 6am in the mornings when they got in, doing stupid pranks.

Id like to be near the nightlife, but not stuck in an apartment with immature spotty teenagers who think they are gods gift when they have had a drink.
Hi, we go to protaras every year and always stay at the Sunrise Beach hotel, the location is perfect, on the beach and also in the middle of the resort. The hotel also has a reserved sunbed system so no having to get up early to get a sunbed. The atmosphere around the hotel is so chilled and in June when we go I have never seen any drunk teenagers or any roudy behaviour, its mainly couples or some families with well behaved children(like mine are...). Its a minutes walk up the hotels drive to the strip and you can go left or right to all the bars and restaurants. I believe there are a couple of nightclubs but we have never had the chance to go and Ayia Napa is only a ten minute taxi drive away where there are some really good restaurants.
Although I have never stayed in them the Brilliant apartments get great reviews and they are owned by the same people who own the Sunrise Beach if you prefer S/C, also the Capo Bay Hotel gets good reviews, it also has reserved sunbeds and is on the beach.
This year we are having a change and staying in the Tasia Maris apartments at Nissi Beach, they also get great reviews and are close to ayia napa without been too close and in Sept i would imagine there will not be many children there so they will be peaceful.
Hope you find somewhere you like and have a great holiday...
Thankyou very much Cypruschick.
Will certainly look at the places you have suggested.

Nicola
Tasia Maris Apartments are very good and under the same manager as the Tasia Maris Beach(Thomson Gold) where we will be again this year in September.Sandy Bay beach a 2mins walk away.
We are couple early 50s who have been going to Cyprus both east and west for close on 15 years. Like the one of the above posts we also love Ayia Napa - it has the most fantastic array of bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets and you can have the brash or the more sedate. Think it gets an very unfair press - sure if you want to club to all hours in the morning that is there for you - but it also has exceptional restaurants and some lovely bars to just to sit and while away a couple of hours drinking a bottle of wine and people watching earlier in the evenings if you want that also. It really depends on how far away you want to be from the "square" or the harbour area - we have stayed many times down on Nissi Bay at the Adams Beach hotel, but that has become very expensive and it is quite a hike up to the square. We have passed on our travels the Anesis hotel quite a few times and thought what a lovely location - five mins from the square, harbour and beach but really quiet on a night, so that is where we have booked one week for this year in June followed by a week in the lovely resort of Pernera, just outside of Protaras, where we have also stayed many times. That is also somewhere to seriously consider - quieter than Napa and Protaras but plenty to see and do.

The Anesis is featured in quite a few of the british holiday brochures - but have found over the years that it is so much cheaper (as a couple) to book a flight only and book the hotels separately - we got a superior room for a total price of just over £300 for the week. This hotel gets excellent reviews and it has a beautiful pool area. Another lovely hotel in Ayia Napa is the Faros, which is just a stones throw from the harbour - both of these hotels are 3 stars.

Once again it depends on budget but Ayia Napa should deliver I think most of what you will want.
Thanks Madgex, my partner was actually thinking of Ayai Napa.
We are looking to travel with first choice, so i will do my research :)

Thanks again

Nicola
Hi yummymummy,
We left are children last year with grandparents for a weeks break to cyprus. We stayed at The Olympic Lagoon in Ayia Napa. It is just outside Ayia Napa. This is a lovely hotel. Near to the lovely beach of nissi. The staff and friendly and helpfull. We booked through eclipse direct which is a sister company of first choice.
Thanks, do you know if it is in walking distance to the main nightlife?

Also, i have heard that the bars and clubs are mainly garage and house music? which really is not our cup of tea.
Hoping there are a few bars that will appeal to us, and not just with the teenaged holidaymakers who go for sun,sea,sex.
It is a bit of a long walk into napa. Will take about half an hour. We got a taxi which i think cost about £5.00. There are some nice restaurants about a couple of minutes stroll away from the hotel. This is why we stayed here because it is not too far from napa but can venture in if you want to.
Thanks again, i think if we end up liking Cyprus this year, we will probably stay in a location similar to where you stayed, if not the same, next summer when we take our little lad.

But we want an adults only holiday this summer, preferably within easy walking distance to the main nightlife.

I think i am asking too much, because most apartments close to the nightlife and beach are taken up by the rowdy teenagers.
We arent really bothered about there being teenagers there, because obviously there will be, because the nightlife and beach are a big part of their holiday.

Can anyone recommend somewhere thats less than 15mins walk to the main nightlife and beach?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.