Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
D I Y in magaluf
14 Posts
I have found travel Republic, on the beach.com, beat the brochure and ice lolly.com all to be very reasonably priced for flights and hotels/apartmets or just hotels/apartments. As long as you have all the websites for checking out the hotel / resort reviews at the same time you shouldn't have an issue.
The main thing is to be prepared to spend a lot of time searching for the best deal. I was from 12pm yesterday looking for a cheap hol and managed to get the cost down for the Hotel Es Ravell D'Or in Cala D'Or from starting at £489, £463, £439, £393 and finally I booked at 6pm for £374!

If you are going to book flights seperate then make sure you have the flights before booking the accomodation. Also Find the accomodation you like and check out their own websites, you may get it cheaper.

A cab from Palma Airport to Magaluf is around 70e return and Janerbus come highly recommended, I took the advice of posts on this site and didn't have a problem. Equally the bus is cheap and frequent.

Good luck and don't panic, there is always plenty of advice to be had.
hia, ive been to magaluf on diy for the past 4 years, i think the best way is to decide on your dates and get the flights booked early, ive allways booked my hotel through solmelia so i can,t comment on other hotel sites, ive never encountered any probs you can book on their website or a freephone number, they have a price guarentee that you cant get it cheaper and another advantage is you pay for the hotel when you are there and if for any reason you need to cancel you need to give 24hrs notice and you wont be charged, i usually get a taxi from the airport at around 35 euros. hope this is of some help
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk Have loads of privately owned apartments for rent.
I like the sound of that terry as i have had an eye on sol magalluf park hotel. Ive sent them an email with our details so my fingers are crossed now. The problem ive been having is as it will be in 09 a huge majority of the hotels havent released next seasons prices so im tending to get nowhere with the search engines.

Lloyd
hi heatwave, i have used owners direct on several ocassions and have not been disappointed. i see in another post that there is 8 of you, the good thing about a private apartment is that there will probably be 2 bathrooms. the only thing is that the flights will not be out yet.

bamburghsue.
Thanks bamburghsue ...
Have you a rough idea when flights for next year will be out? i have subscribed to bmi & monarch but no word as yet.
hi, when are thinking of going? which airports are you able to fly from?

bamburghsue
We hope to fly from birmingham around the second or third week in july next year.
We have always used a website called xcapewithus
Very good prices on appartments and hotels. This is the first holiday we have booked a package so have used them 5 times now.
They have a phone number to contact them on also which I found reassuring.

Hope that helps.
Gill
x
i wouldnt hold your breath on getting a reply from sol on email(well they do reply sometimes)
but i've used them regularly and now have enough reward points for 6 free nights!
just go to web site and book. may be a tad early for 2009
I say we hope to go around the 2nd or 3rd week in july next year... thats usually the time of year we usually travel, but if a diy works out cheaper it would suit us better around the last week in july as we have 4 children with us... & would prefer not to keep them away from school the last week before they break up.
hi heatwave, if you go on to http://www.travelsupermarket.com and then click onto flights it will do a search for you of any available flights. at the moment the budget flights will not show up as it's too early. it will give you the option to choose three airports. also have a look at http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk it will also do a search for flights and acommodation.

i tried travelrepublic but i was not sure of the ages of your children and whether you were going for 7 nights or 14. it is still early but i can understand that you want to get an idea of prices.

bamburghsue
Hello, I have just got back from Magaluf yesterday, before you book, please have a look at the Sol Guadalupe, it has just had a major refurb on the pool and lounge areas and it is fantastic, great food and a good location.
I booked DIY and 4 of us had a week half board including transfers for £275, which I thought was pretty reasonable against a price of £480 in the brochure.
I used Janerbus for our transfer to and from the airport €68 (very good service, right on time etc)
My daughter came out for a couple of days and used Resort Hoppa (£16.25 return) again no problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.