Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
amandjrx at the top of this page click on discussion forums then scroll down to cruises. the top few topics will give you a better idea of numbers confirmeed and waiting
It's so cold this morning, I wish I was going somewhere warm but I am afraid it will have to be the gym when the roads improve.

At the moment, I have left things as they are regarding the cruise although I am not happy about 2006. What are others doing? I don't want to make a fuss and "rock the boat". After hearing one or two things about Libya in the news perhaps it is not the best place to go anyway.

I could have the free flight but only to New York or Atlanta so it is not worth it as I want to get to Florida and internal flights plus airport tax make it as much as paying for a flight.

Maureen H
hello phil morris

nice to have you back with us i,m a bit confused though. is it your melody 10/10 cruise that was cancelled or a previous one. since you have been away we have found wwviewtrip.com where you can check your flight booking and print details.the very hepful young lady who booked my cruise said they would not cancel confirmed bookings.

regards chris
Van or Luci,
On the third link ie the one you have to complete if you haven't heard anything, do mean no contact at all or do you mean no cruise allocation?
I have had one or two "call you in seven days" or "call you in seven to ten days" calls with no followup and will gladly add my name to the link if my situation is covered. :?:
sari soria :D :D :D :D
(well it sounded like that) :oops: :oops:
Good Morning to all fellow cruisers, form the god ship 'Balcony Cruiser'.
Ye gods it is cold - I must get a new sun-lamp (trip to Ar..s (just in case they are also looking for an excuse to seek injustice (oh ! sorry ment justice, of course I did).

:bow :bow To Luci and Van.

In reply to chris63 My Cruise, (are we still allowed to use that word) :? :?: :?:

My C..... was supposed to be on Oct 10th the pnultimate (I cannot be bothered with the dictorary this morning, still shivering so much) :offtop .
tO CONTINUE MY c..... was supposed to be on Oct 10th but I was bumped off by a curtiousy call from a male maember of (the letter after Q............ :swear company rang me. With a promise of a return call within 14 days (or was that months) weel you guessed it - the call never happened. What a fiasco this is I go away for a few weeks and you lot spoil everything.

I propose that in future when I go away you all go on Junos tanker run.

"There coming to take me away aha, there coming to take me away aha"
That will ring bells for those of a certain age.

Ye Gods I knew something was missing BELLS !

Must dash

Byeeeeee

Phil Morris

Edit to remove unwarranted comments. luci - HT Mod
Morning All

Good to have the sense of humour back - I think we're all still scared to post anything much, for fear of getting Luci & Co into hot water..... I'm trying hard to be good, in fact I'm bending so far backwards that my nose is scraping the floor..... :rofl

JennieL, welcome home to you and your mum - I think some of us have ignored you both (including me - so very sorry....) - we were so deeply transfixed by the fact that one of us actually had their cruise offer that we couldn't think of anything or anybody else for long enough. :roll:

Fay
Sorry - forgot - I gave up on the ZDNet forum ages ago, so difficult to use, no dates - HT is perfect, everything one could possibly want from a forum of this nature. Well done, all Mods & Admins etc - I think one has to see the way other people do things to fully appreciate how good you lot are. :bow

Fay
wull

Van or Luci,
On the third link ie the one you have to complete if you haven't heard anything, do mean no contact at all or do you mean no cruise allocation?
I have had one or two "call you in seven days" or "call you in seven to ten days" calls with no followup and will gladly add my name to the link if my situation is covered

As you haven't had any confirmation/allocation of a cruise then your post should go into here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24342
Like Meeeewwwwwy, I have looked at the other Forum, and patiently read every posting! Happily lots of people pointed them in this direction so it is to be hoped that the posters are now among us! No question, HT is much more user friendly for novices like me! Thank you for being here!
Hi Everyone

I just had a thought late last night.

I was allocated a Caribbean cruise for Nov 5th 2004, like a lot of other people. It was this 'allocation' which got me really excited, and I duly went out and obtained cruise brochures to look through and dream. I also got 'World-wide' insurance organised for that week, before posting back my acceptance form.

Now I know that I am VERY lucky to have now been confirmed on a cruise to the Caribbean for December 2004. But it is a different cruise from my 'allocated' one and for different dates, which means I have to get further insurance of course. Not a big problem, but annoying nevertheless.

Anyway, my point is this. Has ANYONE actually got their ALLOCATED crusie confirmed, or have we all been grateful to be given ANY cruise when the phone call finally comes?

Love to all

Kay
Hi Kay,
I think your ultimate paragrpah there just about covers it really, except of course for those who chose the Mediterranean in the first place. Personally I am delighted to have been confirmed on a different itinerary to the Louis cruise I was originally allocated! I am sure a lot of people were looking forward to Libya but I am not one of them!
I can't remember who posted this but someone saved 2 lots of tokens and had their allocated Louis Cruise confirmed for one set of tokens.
Just a reminder to PLEASE post on the new topic(s) in the top section of ''cruises'' - HT's lawyers need our input, and after all the help we've had from HT I think we owe them that, at the very least.

Don't mean to lecture, just saying my 2p worth.

Fay
Hi JennieL, Yes, there is one person on a Louis Sapphire cruise to the Med including Libya.
William, have you submitted your cruise review yet? I can't find it, and wonder where I'm going wrong - so if you've done yours, could you please post the link to it?? Many thanks!!!!

You've given us plenty of wonderful information about it, but I got the impression you'd be doing a proper review that we can all access, rather than catching up with all your posts on the main thread.

Fay
Hi Wull

There are three topics - one if you have a cruise confirmed and paid for, another if you received an allocation (eg Libya) but no firm booking. The third topic is if you sent in your tokens, but haven't heard anything at all since then, ie no allocation or confirmation.

I hope this clarifies things.

luci :wave
hi again
Luci/Van,
are the legals taking anything onboard about the flights being booked. It seems that when a flight is offered albeit miles out of a persons way that somehow that is the only flight available without some kind of supplement.there is also the variation within agents when regional airports are requested. these were in the t&c s. im sure that we cant be pulled up over moaning about that either.

Sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place

ann
  • Edited by annj 2005-02-28 14:19:35
Magsy just sent me the link to William's cruise review - it's certainly worth reading - thanks again Magsy!! Sorry I can't access it while I'm typing this.......

Fay
Hi Fay

If you hold down Control (Ctrl) + N at the same time, this will open a new window and you can have two things open at the same time.

HTH

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.