Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Stayed in Dassia a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It has a long beach but beware in some parts it can be big pebbles in some parts. It is very good for water sports. Dassia has 1 long road which runs parrell with the beach, this road has a lot of restaurants and bars on it. Then there are little paths leading down to the beach where again there are some great restaurants. Also dassia is not as long a transfer as Sidari and it handy for getting the bus into corfu town for a day out. My mum stayed at Sidari a few years ago and she said that it was preety quiet, but it may have livened up now. We stayed at the El Pro hotel which was a new hotel at the time. Good luck in your decission.
hi,I went to Sidari last year and I loved it.The beach is great for the kids with shallow sea,you can walk out quite far and it still quite shallow.You can hire speed boats,pedal boats and canoes on the beach.There are plenty of restaurants to choose from,even for the fussy eaters there will be something to please.There is a water park in Sidari that shall keep the kids entertained for a few hours.There is also plenty of bars to choose from for the adults which are all child friendly.Sidari is a great place for families and couples.We loved it and im sure you and your family will
Thanks for the advice. May well be Sidari For us Just got to convince Hubby and get this years holiday done first :wink:
personally I would not recomend Sidari, yes you can get English, Italian< Chinese, you name it in food it's available but not the Greek atmospher anymore we are in our 60's visited Sidari after a 23 year year gap and could'nt believe the change, if you are definately wanting togo to Corfu I really think others destinations are better, we have frriends who live there he is Greek she is English and they say Benitises is now a good place to go, years ao it was rough but since they had a new mayor and a new marina built when in Sidari last year did find a lovely Greek restaurant Salt aand Pepper with no teleevisions, live football, but good Greek food, helped to make are holidaybetter, when our friends came to join us one night for a meal the Greek person in our party who had run a restaurant in England was plensently suprised to find a restuarant in Sidari serving succh good food.
I went to Sidari lasy year with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed it. I would agree with Pojo that it isn't traditional greece by any stretch of the imagination - we had to travel further afield for this - however it is a good fun beach resort where you can't really go wrong.

There are numerous bars, shops and restaurants lining the main road through Sidari and the centre of the resort can get pretty lively at night although there will be no groups of 18-30s etc. We ate out every breakfast/dinner and evening (having a wide variety of food) and didn't have a bad meal all holiday. There was a variety of entertainment in the bars at night from singers and comedians to Karioki (?), pub quizzes and more lively disco style bars.

The beach as mentioned previously by niki_tam is nice with a great choice of watersports. I personally enjoyed the pedalos equipped with their own slide (but was told by my better half I'm just a big kid)

We hired bikes for the day and cycled to a beach along the coast which was fantastic. Called Sunset Beach or Paradise Beach something like that. Highly recommended.

For a quiter night the Canal D'Amour area of the resort is a good option. Again their are a choice of bars and restaurants but in a more relaxed area.

Hope this has been of some help.

Steve
Sidari is dissapointing but still a good holiday if want some action... not much to do during the day but watch illegal pirate copies of recent films in the bars... The beaches are not terribly good either but the feeling of the resot is good.... I spent most of the week reliving my youth... Too many brummies also !! but heh you can't have everything..

Not too bad if you travel out of the resort and can find some nicer beaches.

Pubs bars and clubs all the same after a couple of days... bit overpriced.

Enjoy
we are only 10 mins from Sidari on the bus . We have a wonderful long sandy beach with water sports. The sea slopes gently into the sea great for the kids, There are lots of retaurants greek,english,mexican and italian. In the evenings there is greek dancing,b.b.q`s and caberet`s as well as the karioke and quiz nights. there is always something to keep you busy.

keep in touch Lizzie 8) ionia@ionian-gem
sorry i mean ionian@ionian-gem.com

it must be bed time :wave night night ....tomorrow is another day.

Now who said that ??
HIi Steve-mcr, we have heard that Sidari is going to be the next 18/30 resorts in the future in Corfu as Kassioppi have had enough it's nothing definate just a remark passed by a person working in our local travel agents, there seems to be a lot of recommendation for San Stefanos which is not too far away but as I have never been personnally can't say
thanks guys for all your suggestions :) . I am still really confused, maybe will look in the brochures at Benitze. Off to Turkey this year, but on my return will definetely have the Greece brochures out. :thanks
We stayed at Dassia last year and my husband is a very fussy eater and we had no problems with food.
While we were there a family was transferred from Sidari to Dassia for the end of their stay because they had their possessions stolen evidently it can happen there as I have heard other reports of this from that resort.
Nothing like that in Dassia though and if you went there I would recommend the evening boat taxi to Corfu Town. Wonderful on a hot summers evening.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.