Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Never seen a day trip advertised, there is a ferry service to La Palma which seems to go from Cristianos to La Palma around 7.pm.
Can`t see that returning until the following day.
Travel agents on the Island do adverise short stays on the Island.
Suppose if you have spent money on your accomadation in Tenerife it`s pushing it a bit to leave it for three days. They didn`t seem particularly cheap either.
We had a day in La Palma last December, because we are in Tenerife for the winter anyhow, we booked a cabin only on a cruise which did Morocco, Lanzarote, Madeira, Gran Caneria and La Palma, It cost £200 each last minute and of course no flights.
We had a full day on the island, spent most of the day in the capital, totally differant to Tenerife.
Going back in time, never saw any new development, not to say there isn`t any.
Good luck.
Rodz
Rodz

If you haven't done so already it would be appreciated if you could post a review of your cruise via the Cruise Reviews link at the top of the page.

luci :wave
All the Armas ferry services to and from La Palma from Los Christianos run of an evening so you would have to spend at least one night on La Palma. Trasmediterranea run a service from Santa Crux in the north of Tenerife and it would be possible to get the overnight ferry from there (it arrives at 8.00am in the morning) and then get the evening ferry back but that would make it a very long day especially if staying in the south of Tenerife.

SM
No day trips to La Palma as far as I know, but I know you can go to Lanzarote for the day.

What about the new tour called West Coast Wonders. or to the observatory.

Leaves about 0400 in the morning though.
I think that the islands are further apart than one might think.

La Palma is about 80 miles away from Tenerife
(compare with Dover-Calais 21 miles!)

This is probably why day trips are a bit tricky.
It sounds as if a trip is possible, but you may not want to pay for accommodation on a ferry etc, if you are paying for a hotel on Tenerife at the same time, as Rodz says.

Hope you still have a good time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.