General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
There was an article in the papers just the other day saying that Sainsbury's were reducing their fuel charges & Asda say that no-one will pay more than 134.7 petrol 141.7 diesel at their pumps:-

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2013/03/13/sainsburys-starts-petrol-price-war/
It's pretty common for services to be a lot more expensive than the high street, and especially supermarkets. 10p per litre more than the high street is about most I've seen around us, £1.55.99 is a scandle though. Saying that, people must pay it or they'd not get away with charging it. If people went elsewhere, they'd soon bring prices more in to line with others. I can't remember the last time I used a motorway services to fill us, at least 5 years ago simply because they charge too much. I think that was in the works Landrover too so it was on the fuel card! I just fill up before going anywhere so I don't have to use them.

Darren
Often wonder how much more they would sell if they were a bit more competitive with a added bonus of more shop sales. Surely they must have large buying power. Allways have it in mind to fill up before I leave home if traveling on a motorway.

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Ship image

Welcome to Holiday Truths

Register to contribute in our forum, leave your holiday reviews and enjoy exclusive offers from your favourite travel brands.

By registering, you agree to us sending personalised emails offering holiday advice and travel deals from our travel partners. By clicking Continue, I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.