Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Delayed flights
9 Posts
I don't think it is fair to publish peoples names on forums like this. Don't make it personal.
Sorry new to forum have now edited & removed name

Eunice
eunice,

If the aircraft had a technical problem there's nothing you can do. These things happen from time to time. Aircraft are very complex machines and faults occur. While I appreciate it's frustrating (I've been subject to a 52 hour so know what its like), would you rather they operate the flight with an aircraft with a problem or delay it while the problem is fixed or an alternative aircraft brought it? Delays are all part of travelling. I would let it lie because you're unlikely to get anywhere if it was caused by a technical problem. You can persue an insurance claim, but what do you want to claim for? It's likely to be unsuccessful unless you can provide receipts to be reclaimed etc and 5.5 hours although frustrating isn't the longest of delays, eg you didn't need a hotel for the night for example. I'd put it down to experience and look forward to your next trip.

Darren
You could try the claim calculator on http://www.euclaim.co.uk
to see if you are entitled to any form of compensation under EU rules
Your rights are explained here http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4404

Basically you don't have any when it comes to compensation. Did they offer the refreshments that you were entitled to? If not you may have something to negotiate about, there is a Complaints link on the page if you want the Air Users Council to get involved although their powers are limited.
Thanks everyone for your help, I have contacted EU claims as suggested they say we have no claim. At the end of the day if the Airline staff had been honest with us in the first place saying there was a problem with the plane & not the silly excuses they came up with, & also if he had not been so sarcastic we would have felt different. Also they should not hand out these notes to people stating they are liable for compensation if delayed over 2 hours. We did receive a £3.00 food voucher but by the time we were given this most of the eating places were shut. I can say that one thing we have learnt is not to fly with this company again.
Once again thanks for all your help.

Eunice
Hi Eunice,

You tried at least. Put it down to experience & another airline next time!!

Deb ;)
Just reading that last bit, who exactly gave out the notes and does it have easyjet's name or logo on them - and does it specifcally mention compensation. All easyjet promise in their Carriers Regulations in your case is a £3 food voucher every 2 hours, as you say not a lot of use if nowhere is open - were they valid on the plane once you got going?

the idea of airlines giving cash compensation for a two hour delay seems odd, there'd be a lot more going bust if that happened.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.