Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
m&n wrote:
luci HT Mod

I have just had confirmation from Delta that as because I will be classed as an international traveller, I will be allowed two checked items of baggage on all of my flights which are Man/ATL, ATL/LAX Las Vegas/JFK and JFK/MAN.
flights booked around April this year.

Excellent news. However I would carry a copy of that confirmation with you to the airport in case of any problems.

I would appreciate it if you could post on your return to confirm there were no issues for the benefit of other members.

Thanks

luci :wave
hi

flying from manchester 2nd sep with delta to atlanta and then on to las vegas .

booked a surprise for my partner who the big 40 i emailed delta customer service to do an annoucement but they said to ask at the gate but reading about the staff on delta i quite put off from asking as they come across very moody people is this the case

also how much am i likey to be paying for drinks on this ever long journey .

and finally i booked a package and my seats says 'U' class i cant seem to find these seats on delta aircraft pic ? i dont want to be squashed up for 17 hours ..

one last thing when we get to altlanta how do we know were to go and do , really nervous about this ?

thanks kaz :tup
"U" is just a fare class within the Coach/Economy cabin.
kazykaz,

You'll find inflight catering information on Delta's website. You'll get all the transfer information when you check-in at Manchester, and/or it'll be in the inflight magazine on the flight. You'll need to collect your luggage then follow the transfers signs. It's straight forward enough, although a little more complicated in America because of their security procedures.

Darren
Hi kazykaz,

We fly to ATL on 29th August but have booked hotel near airport for the night. We then fly out to LAX the folowing day. I hate flying long hours which is why we booked a hotel for the night in ATL.

luci HT Mod,
Good advice re'
carry a copy of that confirmation with you to the airport in case of any problems.

I have printed a copy of the email that I received. Fingers crossed eh! Gone are the days when air travel was part of the holiday it's now a real pain and something not to look forward to.
Manchester loses transatlantic service

A US carrier is withdrawing flights from Manchester to New York.

Delta Air Lines confirmed that the service to JFK would stop on January 8.

The airline has been operating the route since 2006 and uses a 174-seat Boeing 757 to provide a daily service.

A spokeswoman said the decision to drop the route had been taken following an analysis of the airline's network which found demand dropping over the winter.

Delta is to maintain a year-round Manchester-Atlanta service which is flown by a 214-seat Boeing 767.

Manchester Airport lost a British Airways daily flight to New York last year. Bmi has also withdrawn all its transatlantic flights from Manchester over the past 12 months.

With permission from Travelmole
I am typing this from a Delta 757 currently at 37000 feet over Idaho. Just thought people would like to know that Delta planes are being equiped with WiFi.

Once over 10000 feet the WiFi is activated, just connect your device as normal, open a web browser and you can create an account and purchase internet access, until 31/12/2009 enter the promotion code DELTATRYGOGO in uppercase in the promotion field access is then free

hope the above helps

Dave
Hi Dave, welcome :wave and remember to post your updates!
I want to know when to expect Delta to release their August 2010 flights to orlando , can anyone help me ? want to fly from 7th until 26/27th :)
Basically Delta flights are released 365 days ahead so for return flights on the 27th August 2010 try on the 28th of this month and they should be available.

KLM, Air France, NWA and Delta are all partners so try each companies web site as they code share on the same planes but the prices are different.

Dave
I was under the impression that scheduled flights come out 330 days ahead, not 365.

luci :wave
I think you are right, I can't do my math. :(

Dave
Delta to resume Manchester-New York

Daily flights between Manchester and New York are to be resumed by Delta Air Lines for next summer.

The service to John F. Kennedy Airport will be relaunched on May 2, 2010 following a temporary winter suspension from January 7.

The Manchester to New York service is operated in co-operation with joint venture partner Air France KLM, which codeshares on the route.

The service will be operated using a 170-seat Boeing 757-200 and complements Delta's year-round daily frequency between Manchester and Atlanta.

The announcement is part of a series of schedule enhancements designed to strengthen Delta's international network for summer 2010, including the re-instatement of service on 16 non-stop transatlantic routes, fuelled by the carrier's growing joint venture with Air France KLM throughout Europe.

The US airline's UK and Ireland regional sales director Armin Venencie said: "Manchester is an important market for Delta.

"We are committed to this city and will be operating two daily services during the busy holiday periods."

Bruno Matheu, executive vice president marketing, revenue management and network for Air France-KLM, said: "By optimizing the use of our pooled resources, this joint venture helps us weather the current economic situation and protect our product offering."

Delta has grown from approximately 45 daily flights between the US and Europe in summer 2005 to more than 100 daily flights scheduled by the Delta-Air France KLM joint venture for next summer.

Each route allows the three airlines to share costs and revenues equally and market the service to a broader base of customers.

With permission from Travelmole
I recently travelled on a circuitous route to Las Vegas. In an (with hindsight stupid) attempt to save money, I took the cheapest route I could get, which was Manchester/Amsterdam/Detriot/Las Vegas, with Delta.

On the original booking, I had just 55 minutes to change flights in Schipol. However my Manchester/Amsterdam flight left Manchester an hour late. En route, the captain said that all connections except Detriot were still do-able. As we landed the captain suggested that for the Detriot flight 'if you ran' you might still make it.

Well, run I did, and make the flight I did, although I was told then that my luggage would not make the same flight but would have to follow a bit later.

I contacted Delta at Detriot, and again at Vegas. At Vegas I completed the 'baggage irregularity' form, and they told me that my case would be delivered "tomorrow".

Well, it never was. After much telephoning, and visiting the Delta desk at McCarran, I found that it has been forwarded onto Detriot the same day as my flight, and retagged with an "expedite" tag. It was scanned as being loaded onto the Vegas flight the afternoon after I arrived, BUT was noted as not arriving at Vegas (it was picked up as being listed on the manifest, but not unloaded)

So, somewhere between Detriot and Vegas it's vanished. I've been back a week, and it's still lost. I have filled in the claim form and posted it airmail to Delta; anyone know whether:
A) They quibble and
B) How long they take to settle up?
Sancho Proudfoot,

Your bag may yet turn up. It can sometimes take a week or two to track it down and repatriate it. If it doesn't, you can either claim on your insurance or persue a claim with the airline if they admit it's their fault. As long as they accept responsibility, you shouldn't have a problem. I know the last time we had a bag go missing (it ended up coming back to Manchester via Hong Kong after 2 weeks!), BA paid the compensation within a couple of weeks. It may take a bit longer in your case though.

Darren
haven't had experience with Delta but BA reunited us with our luggage a week after our return.
Well, I've been home two weeks, it's three weeks since the baggage went AWOL, and nothing from Delta so far, although perhaps there's an airmail letter sat in a bag waiting for the ash cloud to lift.................
Five weeks on since my case decided to vacation all on it's own.....and finally Delta have acknowledged receipt of my lost bag claim, although they now say I will here form them again "within the next 60 days" :yikes

So if they do take that long, it wil run into our next trip, so I wil have to buy new stuff myself, without the benefit of the refund from Delta.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.