Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dentist
39 Posts
:? Hi ,has anyone had any fillings ? Was thinking about having mine relplaced with the white ones , and how much it costs.Hate the dentist though only go when needed !! :omg
You will find any dental treatment significantly cheaper in goa than here, and they do not do unnecessary work any pain sustained will be off set by the cost. Actually i dont think there has been one report of anyone who has suffered or been unhappy with their tretment.
I had got 2 tooth coloured filiings done with Dr Abhijit in Panaji. The procedure was painless and I paid Rs. 1500 in all.
Hi
My friend had around 5 fillings re done so that they were white and it cost him about £25. You definatley can't complain. All dentist seem good out here...... their prices are just different. Shop around and have a look at a few surgeries before you decide who to use.
Hi

I am going to Goa on Thursday, and I am interested in getting my teeth whitened. Which treatment do you think is the best? I have a few fillings and am a bit worried it might make my teeth too sensitive?!

Would love to have nice white teeth but don't do pain very well!! :shock:

Has anyone been to a dentist in Candolim or Calangute for the whitening treatment? or are the better dentists in Panjim?

It seems that it's raining in Goa at the moment so a visit to the dentist should be ok if you can't sunbathe!!
:?
Louise
I used the bleaching kit, my teeth were slightly sensitive for about 3 days, but using colgate sensative toothpaste, soon sorted it out, as you will see from previous postings, most of the dentists do whichever method you want to use, the only difference seems to be in the prices. It really does'nt hurt.
Dont worry about the rain it won't last long.
raining in goa, jst checked the forecast and it says sunny and over 32 degrees every day on the 10 day forecast
Thanks for that, I don't think I could cope if it rains while I am there!!

I think I might try the home bleaching method. Does it take long for the moulds to be done?

Louise
No the moulds do not take very long, she just stuffs your mouth with someting resembleing playdoh, you bite down and hey presto the impression is cast, it,s sent away and made in to a custom made tray that you wear at night.
You dont have to use it on holiday, you can bring it home if you like, but white teeth look good with a tan!!!
It really is worth every penny. :D
Thanks Lin

I will give it a try! Did you turn up on spec at the dentist or make an appt?
I have just replied to your email by the way, thanks for your help you have been great

Lou
first time just turned up as i had arrived with an absess and needed treatment, but had to wait a while. It is best to make an appointment, 1st one of the day if you can, so there is no waiting, I have seen tourists without appointmens given priority over locals and i feel this is unfair.
The more i communicate with you the more i want to go TODAY!!!!
:cry:
I had the 'playdoh' treatment last week as I'm having a crown fitted shortly, the dentist sent mine up to Delhi to be 'processed', so has taken a week, hopefully getting the result of it tomorrow or thursday...
Hi Rob
When you say he has sent it to Delhi to be processed, do they all do this? If so then I had better go see the dentist on the first day really hadn't I although I think i will wait tilI come home to start the actual treatment as I don't want sensitive teeth on holiday! :(

I have waited 5 years for this return trip to Goa so I don't want anything to mess it up!! :lol:

Just think though Lin I will be here in the cold again and you have it all to look forward to. I notice you're getting married out there in November, how absolutely fantastic! wish i had done that! Could always have it blessed i suppose as it will be 10 years next year! :yikes Only problem is our anniversary is in June!!! Bit wet then I think :lol:

Louise
The dentist i went to has the kits delivered once a week so you need to have the cast made fairly early in the holiday, if you are not there for long.
There is a wedding planner in candolim who does arrange blessings.
Yes when you are all back, I'll be lying on a beach somewhere sipping cocktails, watching the sunset.... can't wait :rofl
im going to get a teeth whitening kit
might do it while im there,so it looks good with my lovely dark tan
cant wait
quick one... the dentist sorts it out (sends them to Delhi) she said about a week...
Dr Ambert is back on line.

http://www.goadentist.co.uk/calangute_map.htm .. for
the map
<http>

http://www.goadentist.co.uk/favorite.htm .
.. for the
new surgery pictures
i must say it lookes very nice, i am looking forward to going back to the dentist WOW i cant believe i said that!!

roll on March
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.