America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
You don't need to complete the hotel details on the ESTA as that information is not mandatory. Only the information marked with a red * must be completed.

However if you are completing it you should have the full address and zip code which you can find on the hotel's website.

That said, I had some jobsworth at the American Airlines desk at Heathrow ask me the hotel when I had only put down the full postal address. Sure as eggs, if I had only put the hotel name she would have demanded to know the postal address.

Re the price you have for the Carriage House, make sure you know what room type that is for and compare it to the prices on their website, which should come down nearer the date.

There are deluxe rooms which are like a normal hotel room, but there are also one and two bedroomed suites which are much bigger and have a kitchenette or full kitchen. Well worth the extra, but I'm sure the deluxe room would be fine if that is what is within your budget.

When you check prices direct you have to add on 12% room tax.

luci :wave
Well, it seems Direct Holiday's have upped the price of Desert Rose :( I did see the hotel Circus,Circus at £639 going the first wednesday in November. I guess they do put the prices up and down, oh well will hold on for now!
Maybe it has gone up - I couldn't find it at your price at all I'm afraid, so maybe it had gone up already when I looked. Sorry to hear that. Might come back down then, you will just need to be a bit patient now.

Luci -do you really book a 2 bed suite for 2 of you? I suppose extra space is always handy. I'm curious if they have washing machines. Might consider Carriage House on our next trip. Also is it always sunny at the pool, or is it in shade part of the day (if so what part)?

Just wish I could get a decent flight price! Really annoying.
No, just a one bedroom suite! The ones with a full kitchen only have a shower, but the ones with a kitchenette also have a bath tub. The full kitchen has an oven and a 4 ring hob, the kitchenette doesn't have an oven and only 2 rings. Both have a full size dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and coffeemaker.

There is a coin-operated washing machine and dryer on each floor apart from the 9th. There is also a small gym and 2 pc terminals in reception.

I don't sunbathe, but IIRC the pool is in sun from late morning until late afternoon, but that would depend on the time of year.

luci :wave
remember that if you use quidco you can get cashback from Expedia. If you book in the next couple of weeks there is 12% cashback for hotels.
If I use expedia it's likely to be a package (flight + hotel for some nights). I think that's 5% quidco just now. Not bad really. Prices have went up a bit though today, so not time to book!

We are thinking we'll stay in a Princess Suite at the Platinum for the later part of our stay. It's £80-odd per night on expedia (hotel only) but every 4th night free. In that case 8 nights make sense (our last 8 nights) and probably the Orleans before it (booked direct with players card). Other option is to do it the other way around. Not sure what price I would get for Platinum booking independantly though. Sometimes offers of $99, but would be $119 for a Princess suite non-strip view. Can't decide.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.