Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
It may be worth checking the small print of your last annual policy.

If, for instance, you made the booking during the term of your last policy, cover may still apply.

It is feasible for people to book holidays more than 12 months in advance and their (annual) travel policy become renewable in the interim period. By merely failing to "renew" or taking out a further policy does not necessarily negate the cover previously arranged at the time of the booking.

It may only be a slight chance but well worth looking into.
:yikes Hope you manage to get at least something back.

The main thing is that your child has the op and makes a quick recovery. :gluck
Sorry to hear you have to cancel :( :( Hope all goes well with your Son's op, you must have very mixed feelings at the moment but after waiting as long as you have there's really no option. Best Wishes, Nic.
We had something similar last year. Booked the holiday then eldest son falls off his bike and breaks his arm about 6 weeks before we go. We had bought M&S travel insurance as we were fully covered for cancellation or if anything needed when we were on holiday as when we had already booked our insurance. Had a few nerve racking doctors appointments with the doctor convinced the airline wouldn't talke him.

Does prove how important travel insurance is.

Bev, hope your son makes a quick recovery and why not try and change the holiday dates for later in the year? Worth a chance surely?
Why not try and sell it on eBay? You should be able to arrange a name change if you manage to find a buyer, I am sure you will recover some of your money this way.

Hope your son is fine.
well the doc has now put back operation till december,so we are now back on track for holidays,good in a way but hard lines on my son.
good old NHS eh. Sorry your son now has to wait another 6 months for his op, but great that you all get your holiday x now go and get your travel insurance !! LOL
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.