America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
You might get a better response on DisBoards...do a search on google.
Thanks Heva2015

Will have a look... I have booked it now for the 25th July :hyper I will have to post a report on here when we get back for any one else who is interested/thinking about it...

Only 8 Days to go ..... 8)

Katy xx
My parents recently returned from Florida and did the Dine with Shamu on there first full day in Orlando.

They only booked it on the day and immediately upon arriving at the park when it first opened. Even then they only just got a table and had to eat at 5.45pm.

They enjoyed it. If you are interested in doing it would suggest you try to book in advance of your day at Seaworld.
Hi Katy, yes we dined with Shamu on our last holiday there.

I loved it :D We booked it in the morning at Seaworld for the evening. If you have already booked it, I would email them and request a table at the front. I wasn't right by the water and would definitely request one next time. We had a nice buffet and i enjoyed the question and answer time with the trainer afterwards. Hope you enjoy it :D :D

Starry
Hi katy.

Me and my friend dined with shamu at seaworld in San Diego in 1999, it was well worth the money then, our table was situated right next to the whale pool/enclosure and the food they served if my memory is correct was a seafood buffet, i also remember the whale trainers ordering/commanding the whales to pose for you right in front of your table so you can take some close up pictures, if you send me your e-mail i can send you some pictures if you would like?

hope this info is of any use!

kevin jones
starry

Thanks for your reply.. do you have an e-mail address that I can use?? or do I e-mail the place that I booked through??

I can't wait :lol: :lol:

Katy xx :wave
Sorry Katy, i don't have an email address. Maybe you could email the company you booked with and Seaworld (if you didn't book with them) just to see if you can reserve a waterside table. I don't know how they allocate them but we arrived early and was near the front of the queue but the tables were already reserved.

If you go on the Seaworld website and click on dining with Shamu, you can see one of the tables poolside. There is only two lines of tables so only one table can be in front of you. I'm just a big kid and wanted to be as close as possible to Shamu :oops: I don't think the kids were bothered!!

Have a fantastic holiday :D :D
Well when we used to go to buffets in Orlando there were plenty of 'Shamu's' in there if that counts? :lol: :wink:
It's amazing! I first went about 20 years ago and Shamu hasn't aged at all :wink:
You mean to say that THE SHAMU at Seaworld isn't the only one :omg
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Katy xx
I am completly against places like SeaWorld. They are extremley cruel and should be banned.

Anybody wanting to watch the act of forcing killer whales to perform for food should realise the animals are doing it out of nessesity, not because they wish to entertain you.

Make up your own minds, however let me also point you to this article by the Whale Rescue Team - http://www.whalerescueteam.org/projects.html , the "Anti-Capture Program" is a intresting read for those who believe places like Sea World are all about happy times and family fun.

I'm sorry but those of you who are animal lovers who have been to Sea World have been "had" into giving your hard earned cash over to a company that actively exploits these mammals. Believe it or not, you even helped pay for anti-depressants to be put in the fish they eat so they are more lively.
Hi Balearicjobs

You may find THIS topic interesting.

I agree entirely with you on this subject but I also appreciate people must decide for themselves whether or not to visit facilities housing marine mammals.

This is a highly emotive topic and people's opinions will vary considerably.

Pippy :D
Has Katy come back from Orlando yet, i am interested to know if she liked the Dine with Shamu :D
We are going in 3 wks to florida, yippee!!! Think i am more excited than the kids.
I would like to know if you just get dinner or do you then get full access to the rest of the park? I have seaworld tickets anyway but really want to dine with shamu.
Does seaworld have fireworks etc in eve?
Thanks
Lou
x
Dine with Shamu is an 'add on' you need to have park tickets in the first place. Then book at seaworld reception for the meal.
I have just booked the dine with shamu, can't wait now.
Booked direct with seaworld
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.