Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:) go onto the direct companies - Thomson, Airtours etc, they've definitely cut the flights this year - mine is going via Manchester!!!!! from Brum
try directholidays.co.uk. I booked a mytravel flight with them direct from Manchester. I saved £150 on the price quoted on the Mytravel site. I think I booked it as a dormhouse rather than flight only because it was cheaper to do it that way.
I noticed the thomson flights from Birmingham say via manchester but I think this is a mistake as the Manchester flight says via birmingham! and the manchester flight is timed to leave 2 hours before the birmingham flight so would be timed right for the birmingham flight to be direct..same with the incoming flight - Bimingham flight says via manchester but arrives in birmingham 2 hours before the manchester arrival - think they have got something wrong somewhere!
:) I'm flying from Brum and mine says via Manchester - I did query this when I booked it and they said it was correct, (not too happy but what can you do).
Anyone heard if they are doing a flight from Scotland to Goa this year?
we are flying from brum 15 12 07 says nothing about manchester
Martin, no charter flights from Scotland 2008. You would have to use Emirates to Mumbai and then on to Goa. As I said before it takes me the same time from Ayr via Mumbai as it does driving to Manchester and then on a charter to Goa. What is more you arrive without stress but tired. On the return it takes longer due to poor connecting flights.
Mike
As I said before it takes me the same time from Ayr via Mumbai

you live in ayr! :shock: poor guy, goa must seem like paradise with the inside toilets :D :D

only joking, as a fellow ayrshire man, it is something i may explore, although, flown with emirates before and wasn't impressed
We met people in Goa a few years ago who had travelled from Lerwick (I think thats how you spell it) to Gatwick which took them almost as long as getting Gatwick to Goa. They were great fun but haven't seen them since!
Round about the early 90s the only company doing chater packages to Goa was Inspirations, they were finally bought out by the big boys ( but I think the people concerned later started Jewel in the Crown). Anyway they decided to start a direct flight from Scotland, it topped up with passengers in Newcastle and refuelled in Amann in Jordan We were on the inaugural flight, you were not allowed off during the stop in Ammann, and as a result, the time on the plane (A British Caladonian Tristar) was about 14hrs. On the return journey the inflight entertainment was not working so it seemed a very long trip indeed It was still preferable to the journey down to Manchester or Gatwick before you even start the flight down to Goa, In those days the numbers going to Goa were much smaller so it only lasted a year, I'm sure the numbers are there now to make it viable, but the big companies likely know we'll go anyway, so why bother, pleasing customers is'int in their terms of reference, Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.