Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Direct Holidays
5 Posts
HI,
I don't really think there's anything you can do about it I'm afraid. I often book on-line but I'm extremely aware that If I click the payment button that I'm entering into a contract. Before you enter your payment details you are asked to check all the details first. I do this about three times just to make sure as once it's done, that's that. I do see where you're coming from, in that if you're given a quote and that changes because of a detail you added, the new price should be clearer. I doubt if Direct Hols will accept responsibility though as they'll probably say it was up to you to check all the details.
I have made 2 errors in recent booking the last being with a Ryanair flight where checking back and forth I had ommited to check that the return journey had reverted to the early flight not the one I wanted. I had to buy another ticket.

The previous one was with Jet2 where I booked the flights thought that the booking had gone through to find that I had 2 identical bookings.
Had to pay a £35 cancellation for one of them. NOW I note that a big warning comes up to say do not touch any buttons as the booking is being processed.

Learned a lesson the hard way but it makes me very careful to check everything. No guarantee that I won't slip up again but I am trying my best to avoid these pitfalls.
Think the problem with you is that your Daughter at 13 will now be priced as an adult.

Sue
Perhaps the answer to this problem - a regular feature here on HT - is the final figures to which you are agreeing should be a large font size in bold. Some sites are not so easy to read when corporate colours actually interfere. Thos Cook is an example with blue background and blue letters.

Personally when buying on the net I take screen prints of each page.

fwh
Yep got a screen print of the quote but the quote does not ask 4 the exact age of the children, am now hunting round trying to find it cheaper than £2078 for 2 weeks from 11th june for 2 adults and 1 child at the royal wings( if I find it cheaper then they will price match, have got it cheaper on T cook but as its part of the same company price match does not apply)

Thanks

Ron
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.