UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
My hubby and 2 sons dive and they would love that - Maybe :shock: :shock: . Defintely wouldnt be for me though :( what makes it interesting is being so close to york , a city we love and often go to. We are running out of ideas of things to do there now so that is really good news for us :D and will make the 4 hr drive more than worth it. :D . thanks for that Val or is it Rob. :D

lyn
most definitely Val...Rob is the Divemaster and is well into that sort of thing. I am the complete novice and went to make the numbers up!
I am glad i went though. I have been trying to pluck up the courage to actually do this diving lark ( not very confident in water) and this helped tremendously. Rob says that if i can do that, i can do the Open Water Course. I am still not convinced myself...i have done a couple of try dives in Egypt and some confined water sessions but yesterday was my personal best.

The guy who owns it is called Steve and to make it commercially viable for him, he needs at least 18 people to go in a group. If your hubby and boy want to go, they can put their names down and he will contact them when there are enough other people wanting to go or if there are any spare places from another group booking. There were only 13 in our group yesterday which gave us longer in the water..The day starts at 9.00am and finishes between half 4 and 5pm with an hour in between for lunch and a couple of coffee breaks. There is a drinks machine there too and his own bar which is called the Jack Tar and is all done out in a Naval/Seafaring theme. All genuinely collected from various dives him and his staff have done around the world.

I can supply you with the contact details via PM if you wish.

Regards, Val.
thanks Val. I know where to come if they fancy giving it a go. I was googling around earlier and found a few more snipets :D . it may be more difficult tho if we need to wait for a slot as oppossed to booking when we know we will be be in the area. :(

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.