General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Its one of those things you are suppose to have if you are taking a minor out [or in to the UK] and remember under UK law a minor is under 18 [single or married] you can be stopped from taking them [if caught] and it will also allow you to act in lo-cum perentise if anything happens, just because you or others haven't had a problem before it is still a necessary requirement

wizard
As time is still on your side - before Christmas really takes hold - I'd do this paperwork, with all the necessary signatures etc, so that you can go with peace of mind. If something should happen to your brother during your holiday (heaven forbid), if you word it correctly you may be able to make decisions on his behalf without a delay in trying to contact your parents, eg if he slips on a poolside and breaks something and needs an anaesthetic before being plastered up ..... as I said, God forbid, but you never know what's just around the corner ..........
Thanks for both your replies. Yes i think it would be a good idea to get something sorted out now, and i think you have hit the nail on the head there Alsacienne - my son had an accident in Goa a couple of years ago and he had to be put to sleep so they could stitch his ear back up. The hospital had to get me to sign lots of forms, to say i was his parent.

Would the letter need to be signed in front of a solicitor? or could i just get my parents to write a letter, which they can then pass on to me?

I only live around the corner from my parents, and i see them everyday, so obtaining the letter from them will be no problem.

Also, what exactly should go in the letter? My parents names, phone numbers, address, and to say they give permission for me to take my brother out of the country for the holiday, and that they give permission for me to act as his guardian regarding medical attention?
I know in the letter it should include my parents names, my brothers name, and my name.

Thanks
we have taken a couple of my daughter friends away with us.....

its important you have the parents contact details, on the letter, we also had the parents passport numbers.

the letter gave clear instruction that we could take there daughter out of the country

we could make life or death or any neccessary decisions.....

it stated where we were staying, the dates we were going, and from which airport.

we were asked at the english airport for a letter of authorisation, the girl we were taking with us was 14.

hope this helps....
We took our 12yr old grandson on a Royal Caribbean cruise this year,our daughter had to sign in front
of a notary[sol] that she gave permission for us to take him,at Royal Caribbean,s request,they never asked
to see it,but it could have been important if any thing went wrong :think
annx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.