General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We do the same Helen. If it's an early flight and we are going to have breakfast on the plane it's usually toast and coffee. If it's a bit later we will buy brunch,especially at Manchester where they ALWAYS have black pudding. :)
It tradition for us to go to Frankie and Bennys for breakfast before our flight, this year we are staying overnight at the Hilton so will probably pop into the airport for dinner the night before as well as it will probably be cheaper than the hiltons prices :rofl
We do have something if we're not using our local airport,we had a full breakfast last year then bought drinks from Boots to take on the plane,we never have alcohol on the flight and I refuse to pay so much over the odds for tiny cans of pop.
We always have something to eat from Greggs before we go through security then we buy a meal deal from Boots for the plane.
There is nothing worth having from any of the restaurants at Newcastle airport. :rofl
We flew from Heathrow once and they definitely didn't have black pudding. We ordered toast and it was poppy seed. :que What's wrong with a full English with you lot done south? :rofl
Try getting something to eat at Gatwick South Terminal after 9.30pm in the evening in November. Only Wetherspoons was open and even then last orders for food were at 9.45pm.

Franky & Benny's for the best 'English' breakfast though :tup
Having an enforced overnight at LHR Terminal 5 we enjoyed a late lunch at Carluccio's - landside - and the next morning, a great breakfast at Gordon Ramsey's Plane Food (airside). We had happy memories of good lunch there in the past and all the meals I've had at T5 have been worth every penny and counted as part of our holiday!
depending on what time our flight is depends on what we eat..

when the kids were with us..they alwasy wanted Burger King if we were flying any time other than early doors, in which case full english..

now it is just us, it is full english if we fly early doors..but really, the breakfasts at the airports are rammel....and I force mesen to eat it knowing I might not eat for the rest of the day if the plane food is rammel too...

If we are flying later, I just end up with coffee and a bagel or something..
Oh it's very posh at Heathrow sharon .not like that at all stansted or Gatwick .

We flew out of heathrow over chrimbo , first time ever actually and we do like our full english or maci D's whilst at airport . Amongst all the very expensive designer shops think we found 2 places that did breakfast . We went in this place called Rhubarb or summats like that , price was extortionate but we were hungry so ordered the full English .. AN HOUR later .. I could of eaten the table mat by this time it came out as a fancy little pile of artwork !!!! . Woofed in down in about 10 seconds .. thats how much there was of it , Ordered another coffee but 20 minutes later told waiter he could go forth and multiply with it because we were in danger of missing our flight !!!.

Nice posh breakfast but service was diabolical
No we never eat at the airport, I wont pay there prices a cup of tea is as much as rip off Britain can get out of me
We always eat at the airport as more often than not we've stayed in an airport hotel the night before :)
Depends what the offers on "eat,drink,fly" are.
Only if there really is absolutely no alternative!

SM
Not very often. I may have a cup of coffee and if it's Munich airport a bretzel but I find the prices normally outrageous and the food rarely of a decent standard. I do often buy a Boots meal deal to eat on the plane though.
We use to when there was a greggs at leeds/brad-(As they charged the same price as any greggs in any town) I dont any more- I prefer to pack my own (Fresh bread) sarnies-

We once had a burger king at manchester- and we were all ill after- this put us off airport food for good! Oh and being a tight yorkshire lass i now refuse now to pay their ridiculous prices!!!

Will buy the odd coffee - but thats about it!!

belly
All depends if I'm hungry :rofl what ever I fancy I do, after all, my holiday begins as soon as I close the front door behind me and start the journey to the airport. I just go with the flow, and I wouldn't not eat just because it's more expensive! If we didn't already know that before we go to the airport then there's something wrong!! So whatever I fancy goes. :)
we tend to treat ourselves,to the airport lounge these days,especially since,you can find discount codes for them.
they tend not,to work out much more expensive,if you are going to have a breakfast & a couple of coffees each.
tracy
My mum and I don't eat much on the plane (mixture of dislike for airline food and that bloated feeling you get when flying) so we try to have something light at the airport or a full english veggie breakfast between 2 of us with lots of juice. Our flights are always between 8-12 hours so thats a long time before landing at our destination. Suppose it's a treat as part of the holiday :)
Nearly always eat at the UK airport, don't find the prices extortionate at all.

The Cafe Rouge at Gatwick is exactly the same price as the one on my high street. Plus it has an absoultley fantastic view of the planes so a brilliant way to pass 30 mins or so while having breakfast. I loathe aircraft food so would far rather do this for short haul.

Nothing wrong with a full Engilsh for us lot down south :que even if we have to eat it in French or Amercian restaurant.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.