Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
arriving early wont help im afraid, the seating plan is worked out at thomsons office and sent through the day before, the check in staff cannot change that seating plan.

wizard
as mentioned in the Thomson website regarding booking extra legroom seats, at an extra cost, I recently tried to book these seats for our November Thomson flight to Tenerife from Manchester.

Their callcentre told me they could not accept bookings as this was a mixed package holiday / flight only booking flight. As normal we had booked flight only.

When I mentioned I was quite tall (and with a healthy waistline !) they said they would make a note in our booking but suggested we turn up early and get the seats we wanted.

Were they telling porky pies ????

Chris
I have just been in contact with Thomas Cook regarding booking my seats together for myself and my boyfriend and apprently my tickets got sent out today so she couldnt book them for me.

I now ahve to contact the airline servive Air Europa and request my seats.

She told me i could ring them and ask or take my chances and arrive early at the airport, this was coming from the lady who worked for Thomas Cook.

What would you advise?
Ive got our sets booked, we've got seats togther and by the window/next set. The plane we're on though is a 2-4-2- seating arrangements. I had to book these separately through Thomsonfly even though the holiday was booked another company. Its a Sunet/Thomas Cook holiday who use Thomsonfly aircraft. We have got a 10.5 hr flight ahead of us though to Cancun.
I tend to book specific seat numbers when travelling alone as I always like to have a window seat either just in front or behind the wing for photography reasons. I always like to have a good angle over the wing / engine for good composition. If I'm traveling as a group, we sometimes pre-book although I'd prefer just to get to the airport early (depending on the airline). Outbound normally isn't a problem because you're in control of when you check-in. Its quite often the inbound flight when things are out of your control and you sometimes get split up if you're the last coach to arrive at the airport.

Can't wait for the 4 flights and 30 hours flight time on 4 different aircraft types in Sept. We have't pre-booked any seats but as long as I have a wondow seat, on them all, I'll be :lol:

Darren
Before I had children, we never used to bother, but we do now. Going out is never usually a problem, but coming back is different.

We have been on a holiday where we got to know a family with children younger than ours, and because of the route back to the airport, our coach ended up being one of the last to check in. The family that we got to know ended up sat on lots of aisles apart so it was upsetting for them.

If me and my husband ever travel without the children, we don't bother. But for peace of mind with the children, I am prepared to pay the additional cost to ensure we are all sat together.
TFS1
We flew Thomson(flight only) in July and we were able to purchase extra legroom seats!!!!!

Mind you when I first rang them they said I couldn't pre book until 7 days before, rang them later same week over something else and was able to book them!!!

I don't think they have a clue what their own rules are. I would try ringing them again and see what they say.

Denny
Just to update you cannot book prebookable seats with Air Europa been on the phone to them today. All you can do is give your name and request them at the check in desk

I really hope we get sat together as i am the worst flyer at times!!
I travelled with Thomson on my honeymoon to Dominican Republic in July this year. I didnt pre-book seats as it was only the two of us so I figured surely we would sit together......THINK AGAIN!

When we checked in they told us we couldnt sit together. I nearly did my nut at check in. I told the girl it was my honeymoon couldnt she do anything for us...she went on and said I cant get seats that dont exist and I should have prebooked seats. I wanted to cry after knocking her out for her cheekiness. Hours apart from my husband....on our honeymoon!!

Anyway, the check in girl knew I was MOST upset. When we got on the plane, the attendant directed us to.......FIRST CLASS (or premium as they call it) and we were sitting together and we'd been upgraded. I was WELL CHUFFED. Premium was really good aswell, drinks drinks all the way. Loads of leg room and teh food was fantastic, so much better the economy food, even the utensils they used to serve the food in were nice.

So all was well but the drama at check in has frightened me silly. So I am about to book my family holiday to tunisia with 2 of our children for this October and I am not taking the risk of being split so am paying to sit together. An extra £40.

I dont know if the girl at check in was just playing with me knowing Id end up impressed...i felt really guilt afterwards though cause my face could of melted rock, she didnt even crack a smile though!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.