Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi there

What does it say in the brochure/website page for your accomodation with regards cots? Normally if cots are provided it will state whether they are provided free of charge or if there is a fee. I haven't been to this particular accomodation but have never had a problem getting a cot. I would think that the Vista Picas would have a supply and Thomson/Portland are just covering their backs just in case they run out. I would have thought that you should be OK for October but perhaps you could try emailing the accom direct when they open for the summer, around May time I think. Taking a travel cot on top of everything else you'll need to take for your baby will be a bit of a pain, athough some find them useful as you could use it as a play pen when around the pool. Failing that, you could make some enquiries as to whether there is somewhere you can hire one from.
Supplying of cots seems to be very hit and miss. I hired one in Mojacar, Spain some years ago. It was 3 pounds per night and it was dire. For 42 pounds if I had know what it was going to be like, I would have gladly put that towards the cost of a cheap travel cot and either brought it home or donated it to the maids. This was with Thomson.

Hopefully things have changed now, but I agree email the accommodation direct to see what you can find out.

Doe
When our children were babies and we travelled without a cot we just let them sleep with us. I would normally let them go to sleep in the buggy as I always brought it with me. Then when we went to bed I would move them over. Where we have been in Menorca they have had loads of cots but I guess it varies from hotel to hotel. I have also used just a small mattress (or big cushion) on the floor at times.

I have been to Menorca early October and the weather has been very pleasant and warm. However, at this time of the year it can go either way. Last time I just missed some rainy and windy days they told me.
Get one of these and your worries are over:

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/reviews/product.asp?id=60

We have one and it takes up very little room in your luggage and it only weighs a couple of kg.

Check e-bay for them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.