Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Am I being thick or are those numbers difficult to understand ? 3,57,763 should that read 357,763 ?
Am I being thick or are those numbers difficult to understand ? 3,57,763 should that read 357,763 ?

They are not difficult to understand if you live here.
100,000 is a unit here, called a lakh and is in common everyday use.
Thus the figure above is a little over three and a half lakhs.

I'm surprised FTV, that as frequent visitor to this place you had not come across this?
They are not difficult to understand if you live here.
100,000 is a unit here, called a lakh and is in common everyday use.
Thus the figure above is a little over three and a half lakhs.

I'm surprised FTV, that as frequent visitor to this place you had not come across this?

Johnny I know about Lakhs and crores but never really had to use them as such, bit like a binary system when it`s written down like that, plus maths was never my strong point at school lol, how much is a crore :duh
I think First Choice / Thomson Fly are only putting on one flight a week from Manchester next year instead of the previous two. They have already declared their intent is to offer less holidays at higher profit margins to themselves as they expect a downturn in demand so Goa is not the only place likely to feel a squeeze.
The holiday we had last season is currently on offer next year at an increased price of about 20%.
Perhaps some of the Scandinavians will opt to spend their euro's in India instead of southern Europe , providing they too still have jobs ?
:que Definately a lot quieter, but then again the Authorities, blame Mumbai Bombing, Credit Crunch, NOT The real reasons, or how people are being fed up of being ripped off. If you go for two weeks, you would not notice what is going on. Long termers have seen the downward spiral the last few years, and this year would have been quieter without outside events. What has happened to the Goa we have loved for the last two decades. :yikes
Bet next season, will be even worse.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.