Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Bananaman, Have you stayed at Dos Pinheiros before? they are ok apartments with a pool, sun area & bar, just off the strip. The weather at the moment so my hubby sez as hes over there, average in daytime but been windy, cold at night so take some sweaters. Try The Bombay Palace for an Indian, its near the taxi rank on the main drag through to old town Albufeira. Jade chinese is nice, situated on the bottom crossroad (The Strip) near the post office. The Paradise restaurant & bar is also ok. Loads of bars too numerous to mention, your teenage lads will be spoilt for choice. Enjoy your holiday. Cheers Jayjan
Are these apartments or villas ?

Kath HT Admin
Hi Kath, They are apartments, the majority of them are privately owned. Cheers Jayjan
jayjan thanks for info will try out your recomendations.Havent stayed there before,rented direct from owner based on location and being excellent value for two bedded apartment.
Kath, its apartments they have one and two bedrooms.We rented direct from owner via owners direct website.
If you want a really nice meal presented beautifully and in a comfortable setting (with a lively bar downstairs) try Wild and Co at the very bottom of The Strip.
Bananaman,

For an Indian try the Taj Mahal at the top of the Strip on the left. I have been there many times and its always been good and busy.

Lummie :)
well we are here.
Had a nice session in coconut 2 bar watching footie yesterday.another freindly bar is blue bar owned by an essex bloke.Ended the evening in Taj Mahal,excellent meal thanks for recomendation.Will try some of the others recomended too. :)
If you go to Wilde & Co, be prepared for a very large bill!
Thanks for popping in bananaman. Enjoy your holiday :pele
If you go to Wilde & Co, be prepared for a very large bill!

I didn't think it was too bad at all considering how nice the food and surroundings were.

Granted i was a bit shocked at paying €5.00 for a pint of Sagres when it was only €3.50 in our hotel, but for what we had i thought it was excellent value for money. If i remember correctly we had had 3 courses with drinks and the bill was €53.00 which i thought was okay. Obviously more expensive than a lot of other places, but i thought it was worth it.
Agreed ujpest, does not sound bad for three courses, but considering a proper pint (as opposed to the smaller caneca, which I assume is what you get at Wilde & Co) is about 2.50 in a lot of bars, and 2.00 in my place, a fiver is a bit of a rip off...
oh well back home now :(
best restuarant of week goes to paradise restuarant,excellent food,great service and good value.
best bars, Stones top half strip,cheap great hospitality,almost as many free drinks as we paid for.Worth a visit just to admire the only Gills shirt on a bar wall on the strip :lol:
special mention also for Matts Bar for a good night with a quality live rock band.
Also thanks to Alan for airport transfers.Punctual,reliable and informative as ever.
start saving for the next trip now then. :D
Hi Bananaman, Glad you enjoyed your holiday. We use the Paradise quite regular when we are in Albufeira & have never had a bad meal yet. Cheers Jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.