Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi timbers,

You certainly are lucky to win a weeks holiday to the Dom. Rep which Occidental resort are going to Allegro Puerto Plata (the old Holiday Village) or the Allegro Playa Dorada.

Hurricane Season is from 1st of June to 30th of November.

There has not been a major hurricane on the north coast in over 30 years. You can still experience a tropical storm or depression with lots (and sometimes it is LOTS) of rain and some wind, but nothing like a full blown hurricane. When hurricanes enter the caribbean zone, they seem to change their direction just as they seem to near their way to DR, curving up to the Cuban and Floridan area.

Angie.
Can you only go at those times because of the competition terms or your own travel arrangements? The chances of a hurricane making landfall on a Caribbean island if you stay from Aug-Oct are very, very low.
Hi aliceadventure
I can only go in the dates due to holiday entitlement at work

but thanks for the info

Timbers 5
Well I would just go for it. Congratulations.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.