Hotel Don Marco (Four Stars)

This hotel has four disabled guest rooms

The newly-built Sol Don Marco hotel (opened June, 2004) is located alongside the sea on Playa del Bajondillo Beach in Torremolinos on the Costa del Sol. The "Delfinus" Spa houses a Therapy Centre and Beauty Institute. It forms part of the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Pedro hotel complex and is 800 m from the centre of Torremolinos, 8 km from Malaga Airport.

I knew as soon as I entered the automatic doors that I was going to enjoy my stay. This hotel is completely wheelchair friendly and has a large wheelchair friendly bathroom on the reception floor. This hotel has been built with a wheelchair friendly interior in mind. I could not find anywhere in the hotel that was not wheelchair friendly.

The disabled guests rooms are placed on the fourth floor, and although not huge, is big enough for a large wheelchair and have a large bathroom with disabled adaptations and a large wheel in shower. Everything including the electric plugs in the room are accessible. The only drawback is the wheelchair user may have problems getting on to the balcony, otherwise I found the room to be quite comfortable.

The main problem that concerned me was the fact that the disabled rooms were on the fourth floor and in the event of a fire, the lifts are out of use, so I had to wonder how a wheelchair user gets out of the hotel fourth floor in an emergency.

All the staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to help all guests.

I had a wonderful time at the Sol Don Marco and I would recommend wheelchair users to book here and can envisage them having no problems at all.

Mike Coatesworth
  • Edited by mikeco5 2007-09-05 21:37:27