Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Donkeys
7 Posts
Thats also true of Petra the walk back is very tiring and you may be tempted to take a ride but please dont just take lots of water and your time.

Roger
We were there just 2 weeks ago. I have to say the majority of the donkeys were actually mules. Very large & quite capable of carrying heavier loads. Most of them looked very well, I saw one with a sore on it's neck. However the lack of water was a grave concern to me. The weather was very hot & I felt very sorry for them. Our tour guide was trying to encourage us to have a ride on them. We were told on more than one occasion that they would be on dinner plates if they weren't working. I have no idea whether that was true, but needless to say, we walked. I have a donkey at home, he doesn't realise how lucky he is :sun2
Guess the morale of that story is do not have a meat meal in a Santorini restaurant!
Hi

just back from the Celebration

I quite agree it looks so cruel riding on the donkeys we went up in the cable car and walked down a little bit smelly at some points

We did not have a meat meal but be aware of the drink prices in some of the cafes along the top we had 1 small beer 1 Sprite and 1 Fanta this cost just over 13 euros I know you shouldn't moan because you are on holiday but it did seem a bit steep so please have a look at the prices before you go in

Steve
13 EUROS!
I think I would go thirsty... :really
"We did not have a meat meal but be aware of the drink prices in some of the cafes along the top we had 1 small beer 1 Sprite and 1 Fanta this cost just over 13 euros I know you shouldn't moan because you are on holiday but it did seem a bit steep so please have a look at the prices before you go in"

13 euros = £11. I can think of many pubs/restaurants in the UK that would charge that sort of price!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.