Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
ear cleaners
25 Posts
don't let them touch you ,they have a long nail which they poke deep into your ear. which could easily cause some damage to your ear.
one of the favourite ways of getting a man to succumb, is to tell him he has some shaving foam in his ear!! and they are by then already going in for the kill, STOP THEM!!!!
BOB :yikes :yikes :omg :rage
One minging character was carrying some ear wax about with him, touching your ear on the hop and telling people that it had came from their lug.

My "no thank you" was accompanied with a look :x

Anjuna market was the worst for ear hagglers
yep damo anjuna was bad

all over they was lol I DID FEEL sorry for beggar kid i had half pizza cold she followed me for miles for it and said thanks at first i thought she after money
we was on a beach down south last year and the brother had been in the sea and his ears became blocked anyway there was this lad with his bag came up too us asking do we want our ears cleaning brother said go on then anyway i am sat watching him out comes the nail a bit of cotton wool gets put on the end and in to the ear it goes ,oh look he says very bad and there was wax a load of it ,in to his ear again oh no you have sand stone in your ear it will cost you 500rs to get it out so anyway the brother says go on then any i am watching this lad in to the other ear he starts, same crack oh no anyway this lad goes in to his bad to put some new cotton wool on his rusty nail and put a pepper corn on the end and puts it in his ear so i told the brother and i will leave the rest to your imagination. could not believe it very funny at the time :rofl ............. toe
Maybe I'm lacking a sense of humour but I can't see anything amusing at all in the previous post.
The internal ear can be damaged very easily and to sit and watch some stranger poke about in some-one else's ear with a rusty nail and not doing anything to stop it seems irresponsible.:tdown

We've not been to Anjuna Market for a few years now, there always seemed to be lots of these 'ear-cleaners' there.

We've not seen many around Candolim, except one guy last November who approached my hubby as we were walking along the road.
He was sent off 'with a flea in his ear'.

Polly
A good few years ago when i was a teenager i went to Goa with my mam and dad, we got out of a taxi at the beach and an ear cleaner came up to my dad and said i will clean your ears and tried to put something in my dads ear.
My dad went a bit mad, and told him to bugger off, so the ear cleaner ran off.

I think its very wrong to even attempt to put something in someones ear without them even saying yes!
We've not seen many around Candolim, except one guy last November who approached my hubby as we were walking along the road.
He was sent off 'with a flea in his ear'.

I know this guy on the beach with a rusty nail, He could get that Flee out for him :lol:

Sorry
Rog
If someone came up to you on Blackpool beach with a rusty nail and tried to shove it in your ear would you let them? Why on earth would anyone let a stranger poke about in your ear :really

The only thing you should put in your ear is your elbow!!

I would do my fruit if one came up and tried to touch me, id shove that rusty nail right up his hooter!!
Rog
That's a great idea.
If all we holidaymakers sent the ear-cleaners off 'with a flea in their ear', they'd be so busy poking about in each others's ears they'd have no time to pester us.

:rofl

Polly
hi prettypollycat , at least he could hear once he had finished :rofl ......toe
Baga beach (the river end ) was rife with these pests last Feb. Every time i decided to go for a walk by the waters edge to get a break from the persistent fruit / t.shirt / junk jewelry sellers, ( many who would wake you even if you were having a nap ), within 30 seconds came the call 'soap in your ear sir'. ''No i have'nt any soap'', turn around & walk the other way, look out here comes another one, there's another one, & another. Go up to the road to escape, 'Soap sir', I hear myself shout ''Clear Off'' or words to that effect. As Wogan said 'Is it me'. I went to try & relax, no chance !!!.
Always found that the best response to the ear cleaners when they are telling you that you have soap in your ear is to reply " sorry, I can't hear you. My ears are full of wax"
many puzzled expressions :rofl
Never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear!
Never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear!

Thanks for the tip, Does anyone know where I can buy the elbow sized earphones for my Ipod :think

Cheers
Confused Rog :wink:
  • Edited by okitsme 2008-01-14 10:20:13
Does anyone know where I can buy the elbow sized earphones for my Ipod

Do you stick your Ipod ear phones down your ear canal??

Confused Ellie ;)
Thanks Ellie, thats just what I was going to say. Back on the subject of earcleaners, I think some people leave there brains behind when they go on holiday.
I agree Hapi, as I said earlier if you were on any beach in the UK, or a local market for that matter, and a stranger approached offering to clean out your Ears would you let them? Whats so different when abroad :que
Do you stick your Ipod ear phones down your ear canal??
:whoops OK Fair cop Elliebee, Actually I don't even own an Ipod, Just my poor attempt at a little humour.

Back on the subject of earcleaners, I think some people leave there brains behind when they go on holiday.

Some people may be leaving their brains ON holiday, On the end of an Indian Rusty nail :really

Cheers
Apologetic Rog :zip
That is quality! I hope one comes upto me so I can say "What I can't hear you"?? I'll see how long I can make it last :D
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.