Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Nope, only a smallish earthquake that caused a few rumbles and quivers. It happened around 11pm local time last night.

But Cyprus has a fair number of earthquakes because of where we're situated. The Cyprian Arc runs below the length of the southern part of the island from around by Syria and as far as Crete.

I put a post on my blog about it a few months ago: http://wp.me/p1uja5-TN

All good stuff! We had one not about 18 months ago when we were in our old building at work. That seemed to go on for a lot longer than normal then I found out it was actually close by where we live, not far from Kouris Dam. Hubby was at home at the time and he said all the patio doors and windows vibrated. Plus there was a very loud rumbling noise as if a very big truck had gone by the house... I was sorry I missed that one!

I'm a bit of a sucker for weird weather, earthquakes, hurricanes and volcanoes etc...

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.