Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Easter in Goa
11 Posts
I think that Goa is very much weather related when it comes to holidays, by the 21st of April, it is going to be very hot and humid, unless people have air conditioning it will be uncomfortable, are the shacks, shops and restaurants going to stay open that late in the season? and will there still be flights leaving from the UK?
It doesn't look as if Monarch is flying out then. thought they might have a flight to include Easter.
We would be going scheduled though.
Make sure you have A/C at your accommodation :tongue
It will be HOT, it was bad enough when I went in March, I used 2 asthma inhalers, it was so hard to breath.
I have been in April twice before so not too worried about the heat. Its just that the charters finished really early last year and things were beginning to close. Looks the same this next year. We found plenty places though. Mind you, if the VOA does start up in April- who knows , there might be a new influx of folks :D
I don't understand why the charters stop going at Easter. For the first 8/9 times we went to Goa we always went over the Easter holidays and we found that lots of school teachers went at this time too. Like you Fiona we don't mind the heat and humidity as long as we have air con.
God's willing we shall be back for Easter.
Just to take advantage of the 3 Bank Holidays

We can't understand why the charters finish when they do.
As Fiona say's perhaps if we get VOA at a reasonable cost it may perk up the numbers
well it might be even more quiet next April than the last one. I think quite a few would have booked holidays before the sudden visa increase. However, when the VOA does eventually get going( and its probably too late for this season) then who knows what difference it would make for next season.
However, we have been to Goa in October before so we know what quiet means :) It was actually quite nice.
May is quiet when the migrant workers have gone home
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.