Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hello toastedmallow, not sure about the shops, but most of the museums close on Mondays. The two main palaces at Sintra close on different days but not sure what days these are, also some of the museums are free on Sundays.
I can recommend the Time Out Lisbon Guide it gives all the opening times for all of Lisbons museums as well a guide to lots of good shops/ cafes and restaurants, it also has a street guide and Metro map. Price when I brought it was £11.99 but it is well worth it.

Dave
Hello again, you can see a short report on Cascais/Estoril on the Algarve Resort Report under Estoril, its the 14th one down.

Dave
Thx Dave. Read the report & it sounds my kinda place!
I chose Cascais so that we could visit Lisbon a couple of times & maybe Sintra & Obidos and also be in a resort atmosphere which is more relaxing than a city. I couldn't do 7 days in a city.....too exhausting.
BTW can you get a local bus to Obidos? How far is it? :thanks
Hello toastedmallow, Obidos is a great place to visit one we looked foward to visiting when we were there, not sure about local transport it about a hour from Lisbon. When we went we did it as part of a day tour booked through our hotel in Estoril and I must say it was one of the best tours we have ever been on, it went like this.
Pick up at our hotel and then on to Edward 7th park in Lisbon to get the main bus, from here we went to Obidos for a hour and then on to Alcobaca to see the largest church in Portugal with the tombs of King Pedro and Ines de Castro (a great love story) from here we went to the seaside town of Nazare for lunch and walk round. After that we went to Batalha built to celebrate the victory over the Spanish 1385 again with tombs of some kings of Portugal, Joao 1 and Philippa of Lanchaster and there sons one of hume is Henry the Navigator. Last on the tour was Fatima for a bit of holyness.
You can also see this tour on the below website under tours from Lisbon.

http://www.portugalvirtual.pt

Dave
Thx again Dave,
That's a very useful link withloads of relevant info. Everywhere looks gorgeous!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.