Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi

I would thoroughly recommend the Caravel Restaurant on Chlorakas Avenue (between the Laura & Azia Hotels).

Each time we have been on holiday in the Paphos area we have always made a point of visiting the Caravel, because of the Good food, good service and the staff also made a fuss of my 6 year old son.

The Caravel also has a really nice relaxing rooftop bar above the restaurant.

Hope you have a good holiday and if you visit the Caravel I hope it hasn't changed.

Cheers :cheers

BillW
Hi there

We've just returned from North Paphos which is very near to Chlorakas.

Not sure if it is any help but in North Paphos (walkable if you aren't too unfit ;) ) we found a few places offering 3 courses for ***€ and all were good value

Our recommendations would be

Joannas - 3 courses for either 10.5€ or 15.5€ (depending on menu choice) and a complimentary brandy and orange at the end of the meal.

If you fancy Indian - and I can recommend it - there is the Raj which has a set menu for 9.95€

If money is less of a problem - and you do hire a car - we would recommend a trip to Agios Georgios. We went on the sunday and found a lot of the local families congregate there for a family meal at the Agios Georgis Tavern. Also, in Coral Bay, is the Coral King.

I would recommend hiring a car - you will miss so much if you don't - but do consider a 4x4. There is a major contrast between the A6 super highway and the F road (mountain track!!) between Kykkos Monastery and Agios Nicholas!!!! Remember they do drive on the same side of the road.

Dave
cheers for that dave,the indian sounds good.i think i'll get a daihatsu terios, should do the job.i know you booked through economycarrentals,was the price you got online what you paid or did they put on extras when you picked up and do they have a desk at airport or do they drop off.
thanks again
dan
Hi Dan

A Terios should be fine - although Mitsubishis and Grand Vitaras seemed very popular with the hire companies.

The only extra was that we were charged for a full tank of fuel when we collected it and we were told to return it as near to empty as possible.

In Cyprus we had a car provided by Hertz and we were met at their desk in the airport by a very helpful guy. We have used economycarrentals on various holidays and never had any issues with extras being charged so would recommend them. In some cases they have dropped off and in others their local agent has met us.

You may be able to get a better deal when you arrive if you are prepared to haggle - but in the current financial situation it may be better to book before departure.

Dave
Hi Dan, re local places to eat. Firstly you could try the Akti as they are quite happy to serve non-residents and they do a good carvery on a Saturday Night and a half-descent breakfast too. :)
At the top of the road you will find The Pentaras which is typical Cypriot if a little touristy. A little further on towards Coral Bay at the traffic lights is Angelicas also typical Cypriot and good quality food. All these are walkable from your villa - at least the stagger back is downhill ;)

Further along comes the Caravelle mentioned above and then a couple of hundred yards further on there are two exceptional places. On the left just past the Azia and next to Helios Hotel is SIENNA superb food at reasonable prices for the set menus and opposite that is POMPADOMS the best Indian restaurant in Paphos...

You WILL need a car ( try http://www.easyrentacarltd.com for the very best prices ) but that then gives you the opportunity to try all the great places in Kato Paphos, Coral Bay and also venture out to some of the delightful village delights :tup

Hace a Great One :wave:

D&P
Dan

Just recapping to some friends and I was reminded that, if you do get a car, it is worth taking a trip out to Kooklia.

We went to Thiannasis's Place in Kooklia on the Greek Music night and had their meat meze. !!! 25 dishes of food and absolutely gorgeous but don't stuff yourself with the bread in the early stages!! ;)

Dave
thanks for that dave i hired the terios in the end and i'll take a look at the kooklia place.also have you any idea of a hypermarket in chlorakas ive read somewhere its better to go shopping there rather than small local supermarkets serving the hotels.
cheers dan
Yes you are right about the local supermarkets (Known as Kiosks) being more expensive. We discovered that on our last day there. :(

The only supermarket we found was near the harbour in Paphos - Papantoniou - and it is definitely worth a visit. We were told that the cheapest is Carrefours on the outskirts of Paphos, but we never tried it.

Hope that helps

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.