Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
we went to carolejo last summer summer 05!!there are lotd of nice places to eat at cant realy remeber all of them, "steak house" had nice steaks and thats on the main roand, "talk of the town" and "penny lane" were also very nice and they were down on the beach run by 2 lovly english families, theres also a nice italian on the left hand side of the main strip realy cant remeber what it is caled however!and a must for a snak during the day is the "rock cafe"!!! good entertainment also was in "talk of the town", the man that does it it out of this world and is realy good with the kids!!!!hop this helps xx
Get your self in to the back streets there is a crackin mexican and also
a fantastic Argentine Steak house.
it's called blue jeans steak house off the main street opposite the dubliner pub the argentnian steaks are the best i have ever tasted also if you like your chili hot, the staff are superb we have been going there for years
Cheers guys for the above info.Haddy
julief:

I dont know when you last ate in Blue Jeans but it appears to have gone rapidly downhill from the comments I heard prior to me holiday in May this year.

I heard from a local bartender that they have changed their suppliers for the meat they use and now buy-in cheap Brazilian beef.

I went there and it was utterly appalling, the worst steak I've had in ages.

The best steak was in The Argentine Steakhouse on Main St - get a fillet - huge and very, very tasty!

I'd avoid the places that welsh huni recommended, unless you can't but help wanting to eat the same food you prepare at home - sad, in my opinion.

La Scarpetta in the Commercial Centre near the Don Camillo restaurant is superb, as is Los Pepes in the old town. Most of the better eateries are in the old town.
No the argentine place I was on about is called the Mir del sur I think but is in the back st of the old town.
Give Gibson's a try for good homemade cooking in a friendly environment. Best to book. Oh, it's up the side street where MANGO is situated.
For a good selection of Tapas, Spanish & Med dishes try Maison Eve on the cobbled street at the back of Music Square. Excellent
the clock house meals are alright, plus there is a chinese up the top end that is bufet style that is fine, be careful of the steak house on the main walkway= go for the one up side street, we went to the one on the main street , the service was terrible and the food wasn't that good, if u click on my name it will give u all my posts and i have mentioned places to eat, good luck and have a great time
The Clock House closed down 3 months ago.
Hi 8)

we stayed in Corralejo several years ago, when the peseta was still the currency!! Can anyone give me a rough idea about the average eating out prices (no frills style) for 2 adults and 2 young children? Also is Sweet Burger Cafe still around and the Rock Island Bar?? We really fancy going back, but as we've done all inclusive for the past few years, we've lost touch of the costs of self catering a bit :oops:

Cheers in advance 8)
Hi molliemoo.. The sweet burger bar is still there. We stayed in Corralejo in July this year and had ate at the sweet burger bar several time. 2 Adults and 2 kids there costed us 25 euros which was very good. Other places we ate at would vary from 30 euros to 45 just depends on what you fancy yourself. Chinese buffets app 40 euros. Hope this gives you a rough idea. Haddy. :D
hiya 8)

thanks for that. I remember when we were there, we ended up at Sweet Burger most nights. It was 600ptas for 1/2 chicken and chips and it was lovely! The staff were always welcoming and nice.

We are going next May, and will be on a budget, so it's nice to know that we will get some eating out done 8)
Hi again. Sweet Burger is still doing the half chicken and chips. 5 euros (£3.50) thats why we went there so much very nice and cheap and the fizzy drinks where massive. Most places we went to we had to order 2 drinks for each of the kids cos they where a wee bit on the small side. Enjoy Haddy. :D
Hi Haddy 8)

I'd forgotten about the size of the soft drinks!! I remember the cafe as clear as day, and the value for money, and it was always packed at most times of the day. You've made my day, thanks 8)
Be prepared to put on a fewwwwwwwwwwwww pounds? :lol:
Hi

Is there plenty of restaurants and bars in corralejo?
Looking at going mid feb to the oasis papagayo village with thomsons for a fmaily holiday i have a 6yr old and 17m old .

Thanks
Vicky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.