Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
You don't work in it by any chance ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

David :wave
Thanks Bridget for that I'll certainly be going there in september when I'm over; sounds just the biz. Another place you should try is Phivos on Poseidonos Ave opposite the Almyra hotel. It does the best kleftico ever and their Irish coffee is superb!

Helen xx :D

i'
Bridget..

This is an advert, I have been in this cafe it's ok but so are hundreds of others in town...this was your first posting and it looks like a set up to me!!

Jim...I will ask for you next time I go there... :?
Hi there
If you like Indian food I went to The Rock its just off the sea front from the harbour road, good service too.
There is a good restaurant, for fish and chips called Moulia, Leda Street,
Kato Paphos, just off the sea front near the harbour road, just down the street where all the Red Rose, places are.

Quite a few places on the front opposite the bus stop on the harbour road.

Dawn :glynis
PS This is not an advert, I have been there as a customer
The Karlina Restaurant on the Tombs of the Kings Road is a great place to eat...that's where we had our wedding meal. They are very friendly and it is not expensive.
Another place is the Arithea in Coral Bay...George the owner/chef is great and his moussaka is to die for!! I have it every time we go there

Luv Tracey...xxx
Hi

Sorry if this has already been asked before but what are the average prices of Alcoholic beverages in paphos :?:
Beer local £1.50cents a pint, imported beer twice the price, local shorts and a mixer about £1.50cents again imported nearer £2 depending on type, coffee local (turkish) 50cents Nescaff £1/20 a large bottle of diet Coke 2ltr £1.20 in super's, all drink are reasonable if you buy the local makes, they are ok but if you wish for imported drinks of course these may be more expensive...as anywhere in the Med..
Jim
Grazies Italian restaurant- one of the better italian restaurants and more popular. Try not to get a table right next to the busy road, boy racers accelarating up the hill, not exactly romantic!

King Aphrodites (tomb of the KIngs road) Friday night- Cypriot Evening. food OK, nothing to get excited about. Disappointing Greek Dancing only lasted 30 mins.

Demokitras?- Centre of Paphos- visited here Sat evening. Ordered Special Meze(24 dishes)11.40cyp includes unlimited wine. Previous days we noticed how full this restaurant was, and thought it must be good, we weren't disappointed. Entertainment- Greek dancers, egyptian belly dancer started at 8.00pm and were still going when we left at 10.45pm. Food also of good quality and lots of it! A very good evening.

Agnipor- probably our worst meal. We ordered moussaka, when this arrived it was cold in the middle. We returned it, and after 10 mins we had it back- still cold in the middle. Didn't like to complain again, but didn't leave a tip. Not recommended!
Just to clarify for other viewers,

Demokritos and Agapinor

I am sorry to hear about the cold moussaka at the Agapinor. We have eaten there many times and not been served a poor meal.

Demokritos is a great fun night out though - we definitely agree on that!
Where can i get a really good (value for money as well ) meze in paphos ??

I know they do them everywhere but where is your favourite, Would prefer a good typical cypriot taverna..

Catherine x
Pegia tavern in Pegia is my personal favorite. Great value for money and a Meze to die for!!!!
Don't think I would die for a Meze :wink: , but I agree with Jim... also the ''Apomero'' in Kato Pafos is just about the best as you can get, chose off the Meze menu what you would wish to eat, excellent as is Michael's more tradition Meze in Peyia (Peyia Tavern) also 'Cousins' next door but one to the Peyia Tavern does a good Meze, always worth a try..
I would recommend Konia Tavern, the meze was great there, so good we went back twice!
I live fairly close to the Konia taverna, unfortunately it blows hot and cold, somtimes excerlent other times not so good, I would have recommended this also even if like Peyia it is not really in the town of Pafos.. those I have recommended never seem to vary..
I have to admit the Konia tavern was best on our first visit which was mid week, the other visit was a Friday and I think they were too busy for their own good.
Don't know about wanting to die for a meze. However i sometimes feel like i am going to die after.

Going in two weeks and i am already in training to expand my meat intake-ability.

Fish meze at the Pelican restaurant on the harbour was nice.

For the best - nothing came close to what i remember being called Carvelli's italian. It was voted best restataunt on the island the last time i was there. (do i get my fiver now or later :lol: )
If anyone's looking for an excellent Indian Restaurant, then I would recommend the Koh-I-Noor. It's just opposite the Alexander the Great Hotel (up a side street) and before you ask, no, I don't work there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.