Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
In my experience, Egypt has been a little chilly at night during December but ok during the day, pleasant but not too hot.
The Canaries can be a little hit and miss at that time of year, but again we have been fortunate in that it has been warm but you need a fleece or something at night...wherever you go, it will still be warmer than here!!!
Let's put it this way, i have seen photos on anther site with a santa running around the beach on xmas day :rofl people around him were in the sea and in bikinis etc.

It is very rare to rain in Sharm but it gets dark in the afternoon (4pm approx). Last year we went in June/July and November/December and it was lovely that time of year. By the 1st December it was still in the 80s but around 14c at night, so a light jacket or sweater. All the christmas decorations were up in our hotel and it looked lovely and not commercial as it is here in the UK. I know where i would rather be :think and not freezing in the UK at home :( My favourite time of year now :sun2

Michelle x
I have been twice in December and it has been perfect for me.Warm and sunny during the day and I still needed shade at midday.
I only wore a light cardigan on an evening but some evenings in Naama bay the temp was showing 20c at 10pm on the digital display near the taxi rank.
Thanks so much for your help :) we have decided on Egypt.
just one last question we were set on going to the Holliday Village but have just come across the Sunrise Tirana Aquapark-would any of you reccomend one over the other? many thanks
I have stayed at the HV which was very enjoyable, havent stayed at the sunrise tirana, but the HV is on the beach and the with the sunrise i beleive you need to get a shuttle to the beach.Thought I would mention that in case it's important to you.
:wave: Hi This year will be my fourth visit to Egypt in December. Daytime - bikini by pool can get quite hot - always come home with a great tan. Evenings you will need a cover up - cardy/light jacket as you do get a bit of a breeze come up. NEVER get rain!!! I can't wait to go - we always stay at Sunrise Garden Beach Hurghada and have had a wonderful time.
Same here - this will be our fourth Christmas visist, once to Sharm and three times to El Gouna - flying out from Manchester Christmas Day this year. excited, me ................. nar :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Weather in the day as folks have said - lovely - real pool - beach weather but cardi needed for evenings.

ENJOY!
|We went on Nov 29th for 2 weeks, brilliant weather between 28-30 degrees, one day of cloud but still very hot, little chilly at night, cardis may be needed tho we saw people in just T shirts.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.