Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Havent done it myself, but lots of fold do DIY to the pyramids. They book their own flights from the UK with Egyptair and then hire a private guide. I think when you go on the Egyptair site you have to book as if you are an Egyptian to get the best prices.
I think you can do it a lot cheaper this way than with Thomson etc.

Not tried it myself, but until someone comes with further info you might want to try and see what sort of prices you can get from the web-site.

If you read the excursions sticky at the top of the page there might be some info on there as well, as I know other people on here have done this trip DIY.

Doe :wave
If the First Choice sunset cruise is running then I highly recommend it! We did it in 2007 and it was a great experience!

Had a lovely meal and saw dolphins :) Sunset was, as you can imagine, stunning.

You can see all our pics of the cruise starting HERE and for a few pages after. Brings back great memories for me!
We went last November and the day time temps were 86 in the day, but you need to get up early to appreciate the hours of sun, as sunset is around 4.30pm Night time we found a lot cooler 17 degrees, so will need cardi, jeans/trousers etc. We went with thomson, but as far as i remember all the trips were the same as when we went in June.

Michelle x
sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.