General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I think you will get better weather in Eygpt and the snorkelling on the Red Sea is marvellous.
I would definitely say eygpt as well as the beaches and snorkeling are out of this world, though the only downside for us was the lack of entertainment in the hotels of an evening, my boys were to tired to venture out so we ended up sitting around playing cards. Don't forget sunsets early in the winter making your evenings very long.
Having been to both places quite a few times, I would also opt for Egypt..

The flight time is slightly longer, about 5 and half hours as opposed to 4 and half to Lanza.

The value for money in terms of currency exchange is slightly better too..the £ is so low against the Euro it makes everything over there expensive, whereas you can change currency in Egypt and get a better exchange rate that what you would here. Things are relatively cheap out there.

It will be warmer during the day but can get a little cool at night, so you might need a fleece or something.

The snorkelling will be amazing..in fact try a proper dive!!
Thanks vicjayhay and justval :)

When i went to Cyprus over Easter, I made the mistake of not packing enough long sleeved tops/cardigans for the evening. It did get a little chilly, so will make sure I pack quite a few for Egypt.
Hi yummymummy. We went to lanzarote in May this year and to Eqypt last year,- also in May.

The better weather will be in Egypt in January, but i would imagine that it would be hit and miss in the Canaries that early in the year. We even had a couple of light showers one day in the early part of May

If you're in to snorkeling then of course Egypt is fab, but i have to say although we enjoyed our trip to Hurghada,(not sure if it's the same in sharm) we would not be in a hurry to go back as I found the hassle once outside our hotel a bit difficult to cope with. I'm, sure i will be a bit more hardened to it if and when we go back in the future.
Have a lovely holiday.
I went to Hurghada last December and found the hassle almost non existent compared to Sharm.
Oh no :really For some reason i was thinking Sharm would be better, as it's a bit more established/well known as a holiday resort compared to Hurghada.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.