Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Egypt this Sep
8 Posts
Certainly around the tourist places - you will get hassle. Particularly around the Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza.

Aswan is better than Luxor - not so much hassle there.

In the main shopping area in Luxor you will get some hassle and by the tourist shops at places like Hatshepsut Temple etc.

Either way - it's their only way to make a living.... A polite "no" and continue to walk on is usually enough.

CwB
yes much of egypt is the same the stallholders etc can be VERY persistent

the exception to this is el gouna where they arent allowed to hassle u .. yes they encourage u to come in but a polite no thankyou is enough and u can easily avoid the shops anyway.. we had no troublle wandering around (unlike cairo!!! lol)

we love it there having been to the rihanna a few times, its all inclusive and has good reviews if uwant to check.. el gouna is failry quiet so if u are into a lot of pubs/clubs it may not be for u.. most of the hotels are all inclusiver but u can dine around between them (and also get credit to use at some restaurants)

hth
Have I just read your post on the Cyprus board?
thanks for the replies.
Egypt is a place is like to visit, but i think we will hang on until next year.
We just want a quiet ish holiday, and having been to Goa lots of times and hearing Egypt is similar regarding the mivering, im not too sure.
u will be fine in el gouna honestly u wont find it a hassle

we also like quiet holidays thats why we picked el gouna after reading all the reviews
Thank you shykins, we will look into it nearer the time.

Thanks for your help :)
Yummy

We go to Goa as well but down South so dont get as much hassle. We tried Egypt for the first time last September visited Hurghada and loved it, so much so we are going back again this September. I found we just said No or carried on walking but smiling and it was ok. You should give it a go it is a lovely country

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.